Role: Management Information Analyst
Full Time Permanent Position
This advert will close on Thursday 24th January 2019
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Provide management information by interrogating data sources, extracting and presenting data and identifying and illustrating trends.
The role is required to develop and maintain a reporting suite that will provide reports to all areas of the DriveTech business. Analysis will form the foundations upon which management decisions are made, and will in particular focus on improving business and operational performance, sales generation levels, conversion rates, revenue and average margins.
What will I be doing?
- Interrogate a variety of data sources to produce high quality management information for all levels of management in accordance with agreed specifications and timescales ensuring that any anomalies are resolved prior to distribution.
- Lead development of the MI plans for the business and deliver bespoke MI in accordance with business requirements
- Work with other members of the finance team to establish a framework of standard business reports and delivery methods
- Proactively manage customer expectations and requirements ensuring that management information and analysis needs are met to agreed timescales and standards of accuracy.
- Identify trends, and/or highlight problem areas and make recommendations for improvements to operational procedures.
- Identify the needs of the customer and with guidance design and produce new reports.
- Analyse and improve existing reports and solutions to internal and external customer requirements.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of business systems to ensure the effective utilisation of local data bases, reporting any anomalies with the integrity of the management information
- Continually monitor, amend and improve the accuracy and relevance of reports.
- In line with business requirements, introduce new systems and metrics, including new definitions and rules. Assist with the design, development and testing through to implementation.
Keep abreast of developments in working practices and relevant technology to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information produced.
What do I need?
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Office – Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint etc
- Experience of working with relational databases and tools e.g. SQL, Oracle etc
- Previous experience in an analytical based role
- Ability to develop and implement change
- Excellent communication skills are essential; written and verbal
- Good interpersonal, planning, organising and time management skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative whilst under pressure
- Experience of working with with business objects
- Experience of working with visual studio would be preferable
- Expert knowledge of SSIS and SSRS desirable
- Experience of working with web analytics tools such as Google analytics and/or Speed Trap
Key Success Factors
- The main challenge of the job is to be able to use their own initiative to improve accuracy and breadth of reporting. They must be self-motivated and self-disciplined being able to demonstrate a methodical approach.
- Demand for MI can typically mean there will be a requirement to be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- The job holder should be able to work with minimum supervision but be able to work as part of the team.
Treating Customers Fairly:
To ensure adherence to the FSA Treating Customers Fairly 6 Consumer Outcomes.
Health and Safety Requirements:
Conduct yourself, and carry out work to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
To ensure you manage the health and safety of your team and any associated risks with the work they undertake.