Role: System Developer
Full Time 12 Month Secondment
This advert will close on Thursday 24th January 2019
This is the job
As the Systems Developer, you will be managing and supporting most elements of the application lifecycle. From project inception, elaboration, build through to business transition and application continuity within a competitive commercial environment. These applications help to implement the resourcing strategy for Operations which optimises the balance between business and customer requirements with the needs of the workforce.
The role requires the review of solutions which are developed throughout the resourcing team to validate that they meet the defined standards and quality. It is vital that as part of this review, consideration is given to the support overhead, and a minimum making sure that this stays the same, but the expectation should be that it reduces
What will I be doing?
- Developing, managing and reviewing the standards for System Development throughout the resourcing team.
- Conducting code reviews on developments which are created.
- Providing innovative ways in which to improve delivery whilst reducing costs and Timescales.
- Creating High Level Design Documents.
- Using the appropriate development methodologies for solutions.
- Identifying and escalating risks and issues with systems and data requirements.
- Managing, creating and reviewing release documents.
- Escalating issues with AAIS and third parties to provide resolution.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
As the Systems Developer role covers several areas of competency, these generic statements reflect all the main attributes. It is well understood that few individuals will be able to cover them all in full.
- A pragmatic understanding of the project lifecycle and how it can be appropriately applied.
- Ability to communicate with business management and users to capture and document in a clear and concise way the requirements of change.
- Be able to demonstrate a pragmatic understanding and experience in deploying software solutions using at least one software project development methodology.
- Demonstrable experience (both technical and business centric) of application solutions accounted for by this role.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-scale programmes and projects.
- Excellent PL and Transact SQL Skills
- Advanced Skills in .NET,ASP.NET, C# ,VB /VBA Skills
- Experience of Java Script
- Experience of CSS
- Experience of IIS
- Experience of the Development Lifecycle
- Experience of System Testing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of Release Management
- Experience of Oracle Stored Procedures
- Experience of XML
- Experience of HTML
- Experience of RDBMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and frameworks
- Knowledge of Internet frameworks and technologies
- An Understanding of Oracle OLAP
Education and Qualifications:
Degree level specifically a Computing, Mathematics or Statistically related discipline ability or proven relevant work experience
- Highly organised
- Demonstrable ability to work unsupervised in any area of the business
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- An Eye for Detail
- A Team player
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Confident to work with managers at all levels
- Sound business knowledge
- Consistent behaviour when dealing with people
- Facilitating change
- Demonstrable ability to undertake all the accountabilities on the job description
- Demonstrate ability to delegate effectively