We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Full time, permanent
This is the job
Hands-on development and managerial oversight of the delivery of robust and sustainable BI solutions that will guide the Consumer Membership business in providing increasingly more relevant propositions, service and offers to their customers, as well as improving strategies and operational processes across the AA to increase effectiveness. The role will focus on providing a holistic set of business intelligence in order to make significant and measurable, financial and strategic impact on the business.
What will I be doing?
- Delivery of impactful business intelligence to P&Ls and other operational units in the AA
- Perform business analysis to gather user requirements and ensure data items are aligned to key business definitions and metrics
- Work with the Data and IT teams where needed to ensure data is defined, structured and accessible in a way that support BI development
- Work with the Consumer Membership teams to ensure BI solutions are developed in a way that maximises the value they bring to the business
- Control the quality of input data and own output to ensure results and recommendations can always be relied upon to inform business decision making
- Define clear documentation of final solutions to allow for output portability
- Proactively look for opportunities where BI could be used to replace existing inadequate reporting across the Consumer Membership function
- Work to continuously improve quality and accuracy of BI solutions, monitor overall progress and resolve issues in an automated and streamlined way
- Develop, manage and motivate 1-3 direct reports
- Ensure that realistic and achievable timelines are agreed and met for output delivery
Coaching and line management
- Manage and develop direct reports (1-3 people)
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of resources and skills within the projects particularly where this involves third party suppliers
- Contribute to the development strategy for the Commercial Analytics team, including tools, training, quality assurance, new areas of expertise, new data feeds etc.
- Contribute to and proactively act as a part of the future Centre of Excellence for Customer Insight & Decisioning in the AA
- Lead, motivate and inspire direct reports to meet corporate, divisional, team and personal goals
- Coach and mentor direct reports to help them develop technical expertise and soft skills necessary to improve and excel as insight analysts in order deliver relevant and significant value to the business
- Communicate with stakeholders, with regards to key insights, project status updates, project plans and deliverables
- If required, manage third party consultants or operational analytic support to fulfil insight and analytics obligations to stakeholders
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven end-to-end experience with developing Business Intelligence solutions in a commercial environment, including business analysis, requirements gathering, business process design, user-centric report design, (some) data development, report prototyping, and all aspects of BI assembly (including version control, testing / QA, release management and user adoption)
- Applied experience with the Looker tool, and if not, then extensive experience with Tableau, Qlik, Power BI or equivalent.
- Experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Exadata, Teradata, MS Azure, Redshift, MySQL, or equivalent
- Ideally experienced with modern user experience techniques, including audiences, personas, user stories and user interface design.
- Able to think strategically, but also to translate this into workable solutions that can be easily and effectively communicated.
- Able to grasp a situation, structure the challenge and enjoy wrestling with a problem and generating insight.
- Able to communicate complex concepts in a concise way and simplify the visuals into key elements for the business to focus on
- Able to present your ideas well to a variety of colleagues and clients, and author clear and succinct memos and documents.
- Able to effectively alongside colleagues and are enthused by the prospect of common ambition and shared success. A deep desire to achieving a fast, high quality and effective outcome.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background – likely to include good degree (2:1 or above) with STEM subject-focus from top tier university