We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Salary: £25965,72 + 8% Flex (OTE Incl Flex Approx £31,000)
Closing Date: 01/02/2019
The Team Manager is accountable for a team of Customer Advisors within a contact centre. The Team Manager’s focus must be entirely on the activities of the team members and must endeavor to continuously improve performance standards – both in terms of behavior, delivery of service and the attainment of sales targets. The Team Manager must set direction and ensure that everyone understands the standards that are required.
The Team Manager is also a conduit between senior management and the team. It is vital that they are fully briefed; take ownership of strategic messages and are able to convey the company direction – acting as a positive role model to both their teams, and other colleagues within the business.
The contact centre is a busy and often changing environment, which brings intrinsic challenges. The Team Manager is the person that the Customer Advisors will look to in these situations. They will be expected to deliver logical, resourceful solutions in a calm and positive manner.
What will I be doing?
- Manages a team of Customer Advisors, to achieve and exceed sales and service targets/standards.
- Has overall responsibility for the development and coaching of team members and is accountable for delivering a high performance team.
- Holds monthly 1 to 1 meetings with all team members to review performance, and ensures appropriate documentation is complete.
- Reviews statistical/performance data as appropriate and interprets and gives feedback for Team members.
- Manages the Team Coach to ensure that side by side coaching and weekly 1 to 1 coaching sessions are delivered and all documentation is complete.
- Holds weekly 1:1 coaching session and monthly performance meetings with the Team Coaches where applicable.
- Is responsible for raising the performance of under-performers through the performance improvement process.
- Responsible for ensuring the team adhere to the scheduled start times and break times.
- Ensures effective cascade of local and business communications.
- Ensures team are able to resolve customer dissatisfaction at first point of contact and manages escalations where the experience has not been up to their expectations.
- Manages budgets within predetermined financial constraints.
- Liaises with support units such as resourcing/telephony to maximize resources managing real time adherence to achieve and exceed set targets. Is accountable for ensuring staff have the development and skills to ensure FCA and DPA compliance etc.
- Works with other Team Managers in the department to ensure service levels are met.
- Manages the people processes for the team, e.g. absence, disciplinary and grievances, annual performance reviews, performance improvement.
- Supports team, and colleagues in other teams, in order to promote a caring and enjoyable employee experience, simultaneously achieving high performance.
- Undertakes front-line customer duties from time to time to upkeep own development and understanding for coaching/monitoring and to assist in busy times.
What do I need?
- A demonstrated understanding of the business and the brand to drive the business results.
- Previous experience and/or demonstrable ability to manage, develop and coach people – preferably in a service or sales delivery type of environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both at one to one level, and in presentation form; verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate active listening skills and react quickly and efficiently to business needs.
- Is able to gather appropriate information by asking relevant questions in order to clearly identify the customer’s needs.
- Is able to organise performance data and identify key facts and issues.
- Able to demonstrate excellent problem solving expertise to both internal and external customers.
- Allows adequate preparation time and is well organised.
- Able to priorities effectively and identify and resolve time management conflicts.
- Good deployment of management skills around setting of performance objectives, conducting monthly performance reviews, devising and implementing coaching and development plans.
- Is able to lead and motivate the team.
- Deploys creative ways to communicate with the team, and motivate them to achieve more.
- Understands how the business works and the impact of decisions made on profitability.
- Maintains awareness of outside market conditions, regulatory requirements and competitor activities.
- Remains committed and up to date with developments and ensures that own skills and that of the team are updated to excellent standards.
- Actively works with peers to promote partnerships between teams to foster a positive approach with passion and enthusiasm.
- Motor insurance claims experience is desirable but not essential