We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The Business Analyst is accountable for capturing, analysing and documenting business requirements, and responsible for ensuring that these requirements are delivered to the required level of quality through IT change projects and activities. The Business Analyst will work closely with the IT Portfolio Manager and the business teams to understand current and future business processes, products and operations, and to use this understanding to clearly articulate and document requirements to architecture, design and development teams.
When required the Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying, selecting, recruiting and managing additional resources through partners, contract recruitment or permanent recruitment.
Location - Basingstoke
Salary - up to £55,000 dependant on experience
What will I be doing?
- Gather and document functional and non-functional requirements from major business stakeholders using a variety of techniques including the running of workshops.
- Ability to produce business process flow diagrams for “as-is” and “to-be” states
- Candidates would work alongside Product Owners and SMEs to manage backlog and define effective user stories in order to ensure stakeholder requirements are met and developed appropriately
- Define design and acceptance criteria for user stories, and review criteria with the team (Test and Software Engineers) to ensure testing can be effectively carried out
- Collaborate with Business Partners and Agile team to define and coordinate Acceptance Testing
What do I need?
- Experience of working with different development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall style approaches.
- Analytical ability; making sense of ambiguous and often conflicting requirements
- Excellent written, listening and oral communication skills
- Experience of working within a Regulatory environment is an advantage as is experience within the Insurance and Financial Services sector.
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability
The candidate is likely to have 4 to 5 years’ experience of working as a Business Analyst, with full exposure to the System Development Life Cycle. Work experience within an Insurance and/or Regulatory environment is preferable although not essential for somebody with the right credentials. Candidates are likely to be educated to degree level, and perhaps have a professional qualification in the field of Business Analysis e.g. BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis