Recovery Driver - Croydon, London
Fed up of chatting to parcels and looking for the Job Satisfaction you’re missing? Join The AA.
As our Roadside Recovery Driver, you’ll go the extra mile for our members. You could be the first person to arrive on scene or be called upon to assist our mechanics when they need you. You’ll be there for the next stage in your members journey and get their day moving again.
Take a look at all things Recovery here: Recovery Patrol - AA Careers (theaacareers.co.uk)
Salary: £34,000 Average Earnings + £4018 location allowance
(Guaranteed minimum c. £31,460 for CE (HGV 1) license, £28,320 for C (HGV 2) license)
Depot Postcode: CR0 4TD*
*Please note candidates must live within 10miles or 30minute drive from the depot postcode above.
Shifts: 28 day rolling rota. Average shift length 9.75hrs with overtime available.
- Bring your best self and we provide the rest, including; full Uniform, Boots, and the best available equipment!
- Unlimited overtime available within driving hours regulations.
- Free breakdown cover from day one
- 23 days holidays (increases with service) plus bank holidays
- Up to 7% company pension contribution
- A famous brand that our customers love with industry leading training
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme and a 24/7 remote GP service for you and your family
This is the job
When arriving at the roadside, you’ll need to be ready for anything. You might work alone, but as soon as you get out of your HGV recovery truck, you’ll partner with your customer.
You’ll be the friendly face who helps them feel safe, understood and taken care of. Which might mean, as well as taking their vehicle to a garage for repair, you’ll travel with them to their destination.
What will I be doing?
- A communicator: You’re a rescuer who thrives in all situations! You're great with your customers, you’re the calming influence, reassuring and professional in all situations, ensuring your customer feels safe and that their needs are being taken care of.
- A self-starter: You will be content working independently, as well as collaborating as part of a team, driving to different locations in all weathers
- A fixer/problem solver: You will revel in utilising your expertise to solve a variety of issues. When recovering the vehicle, you are the solution bringer who enables your customer to get on with their day
What do I need?
- A full driving category C driving licence (HGV 2) and ideally you’ll hold the CE (HGV 1) licence too, although this isn’t essential as we will help you to get this. Alongside this, you’ll need a Driver CPC (certificate of professional competence) qualification, and a digital drivers/tachograph card.
- To be comfortable adapting to new technology
- To be happy working shifts, which could include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
For more information on our full benefits package, including discounted home and motor insurance, take a look at our website, Taking care of you - AA Careers (theaacareers.co.uk)
As a valued team member, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we will help you build the career you’re looking for.
Here at the AA we understand diversity and value the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, are empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong.
No CV no problem? You can apply today by clicking on the link below and filling out a short application form. Your application will then be reviewed before we arrange an online interview assessment. As part of the onboarding process, we complete several pre-employment checks including work reference, credit and criminal record checks.
Ready for anything? Apply Today