Customer Advisor - Driving School
Role: Customer Advisor
Department: Driving School
Location: Cardiff - Dynamic Working
Solution bringers. Day makers. Extra milers. We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our members wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers. As a Customer Advisor, you’ll always go the extra mile for our members. In return, we’ll go the extra mile for you, with excellent training, support and development opportunities.
This is the job
Not your average contact centre! At the AA Driving School & BSM, you’ll put the customer at the focus of everything you do. We’re on the road to providing world-class customer experiences and are looking for the best customer-focussed people to join us on this journey.
You’ll be part of a great team, with flexible working options all within the hours of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm… so your weekends are your own!
If you simply love great customer service, take a read below; we want to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
- Going above and beyond for your customer at every opportunity
- Taking ownership and putting things right where they’ve gone wrong
- Contribute to the over all world-class customer service of the Customer Services department by achieving various productivity and quality measures
- Promotes and actively supports the culture of the AA by demonstrating company values
- Be a team player. Work with others, showing consideration and support, to compliment a caring and enjoyable culture
- Report to you team leader, who will always be on hand to support you
- Inbound calls from new/existing members & customers
- Queries regarding a quotation, renewal or current policy – covering standard and more complex risks
- Offering policy upgrades based on the requirements of the customer
- Processing payments / refunds
- General Driving School queries
- Taking notification of incidents, recording as much info as possible in an accurate manner
- Provide safety advice
- Discuss repair options
- Striving to achieve a balanced and reasonable solution whilst retaining the customer.
- Deal with inbound phone call, email, live chat & postal queries
- Dealing with instalment account queries – changing bank details, collecting arrears payments
What do I need?
Customer Advisors should be able to demonstrate that can work in line with the values of The AA. Key behaviours that must be demonstrated are:
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A real desire to provide outstanding levels of customer service
- Ability to be consistently empathetic and friendly, whilst remaining professional, and balancing customer and business needs.
- Ability to remain calm and customer focused when under pressure
- Ability to converse clearly, good diction, and good standard of spoken English.
- Understands the brand values, and the importance of protecting the brand and doing the right thing by the customer.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE level and above
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- 25 days annual leave
- 50% discount in your first year on AA breakdown membership and free thereafter
- Discounts on AA products including car and home insurance
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to a car salary sacrifice scheme plus great discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme