Job Title: Automotive Technical Advisor
Salary: £32,000 + Annual Bonus
Contract: Full time – permanent
Hours: Predominantly Monday – Friday with rotating shifts between the departments opening hours of 07:00 to 20:00. You will also be required to work the occasional weekend.
Are you an experienced motor vehicle mechanic with recent workshop experience? Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified motor vehicle technician to join our team of automotive Technical Advisers!
As a Technical Advisor, you’ll always go the extra mile for our members. We’ll go the extra mile for you with excellent training, support and development opportunities
This is the job
We are the AA, and we keep everyone’s show on the road. We are there for our members wherever and whenever they need us, and we’re always ready for anything. The primary purpose of this role is, via an outbound call to provide expert technical advice, assistance and information to AA customers regarding assisting them to get their vehicle mobile or repaired after a breakdown to save long distance recoveries.
What will I be doing?
- Liaising with AA members/repairing workshops / Roadside Patrols to get broken down vehicles repaired quickly and efficiently.
- Provide technical advice to AA members in live breakdown situations to prevent the unnecessary deployment of Roadside Patrols.
- Provide professional technical advice to AA members relating to non-breakdown related situations.
- Allocate appropriate resources to roadside breakdowns.
- Process all calls professionally and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Record all enquiries on the appropriate database to assist with providing detailed management information.
What do I need?
- Motor vehicle service & repair knowledge and experience is essential
- Working on a verity of manufactures vehicles would be an advantage.
- Motor vehicle fault diagnosis experience and knowledge
- An understanding of vehicle repair times.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in layman’s terms
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer care in regard to AA Members in breakdown situations.
- City & Guilds or NVQ in vehicle Maintenance & Repair (or above)
- We would also consider a nationally recognised certificate in motor vehicle engineering.
- The ability to work as part of a team and make decisions using your initiative whilst working in a quick-paced environment
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to as part of our team:
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. As a valued member of The AA team, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, including:
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- 23 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days after five years’ service, plus eight bank holidays
- Free AA breakdown membership after 12 months, 50% discount in your first year
- Discounts on AA products, including car and home insurance
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to a car salary sacrifice scheme plus significant discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, so much more!