Insurance Product Manager
Role: Insurance Product Manager
Salary: Up-to £44,000 DOE
Location: Hybrid – 2-3 days in the office (Basingstoke or Newcastle)
This advert will close on Monday the 8th of August
There is one permanent opportunity available
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Responsible for driving AA success through the management and development of a range of Motor and Home Insurance products and propositions, ensuring they deliver against the business’s customer and commercial objectives and regulatory responsibilities.
What will I be doing?
Support the management and development of Insurance Products to deliver the best possible customer, colleague, commercial and conduct experience by;
- Ensuring the products meet all regulatory requirements, continually reviewing and identifying opportunities for future improvements to deliver excellent customer outcomes and fair value.
- Working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop existing products and identify and launch new propositions, ensuring that all activity is in line with the AA strategic and commercial objectives, governance processes and brand values.
- Ensuring the products deliver a great Customer Experience, working with the AA’s Operations and Claims Teams as well as our third-party insurers and providers to identify and make improvements where required.
- Developing and managing key product messages and USPs for promotion through marketing.
- Optimising the commercial performance of the products by identifying opportunities to reduce costs and increase revenue/margins.
- Managing internal and external (third party) relationships involved in the delivery of the products.
- Keeping up to date with market changes and appropriate legal and regulatory legislation.
- Ensuring that products and propositions are reviewed and benchmarked as required – putting forward proposals as appropriate.
- Ensuring all project activities are delivered on time and within budget.
- Producing relevant, timely reports to support ongoing and ad hoc management meetings.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
What do I need?
- Previous product development experience and demonstrable success in taking a product to market is desirable.
- Experience of identifying and championing customer needs and outcomes.
- Good project management skills. Highly organised and methodical.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain resilience when under pressure and still deliver accurately and to timescales.
- High level of business acumen.
- Ability to generate new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to analyse data and derive/identify potential opportunities.
- Financially astute with the ability to identify commercial opportunities.
- Understanding of the financial services market and is fully up to date with legal and regulatory legislation.
- Strong collaboration skills across different business areas and excellent stakeholder management.