Job Title: Finance Analyst
Department: DriveTech - Finance
Location: Basingstoke - Smart Working Options Available
DriveTech, from the AA, is the world leader in fleet risk and safety management, and driver training. DriveTech are also the UK’s largest provider of driver offender retraining courses.
What guides us is our mission: “To work together to eliminate risk for a safer world”, with our vision to become: “A leader in providing innovative risk reduction solutions, on and off the road”.
This is the job
The Finance Analyst will analyse financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support. The key objective is to improve business insight by analysing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management. The role also assists with annual and quarterly planning and forecasting.
What will I be doing?
- Determining which of the company’s products or customers generate the largest portion of its net profit
- Identifying which products have the highest profit margin (and which have the lowest)
- Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of each area of the business, in light of what percentage of the company’s financial resources each area consumes and the value each area generates
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future plans and operations
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Exploiting the use of data to deliver value to the business. Examples such as developing pricing plans based on different customer factors, more accurate prediction of targeted responses to marketing and sales, better understanding of customer needs using data to provide new insights, new planning tools to test new products/ scenarios, deeper analysis of sales pipelines to obtain an accurate understanding and prediction of sales volumes.
- Providing back-up cover to the Management Information (MI) Analyst for all weekly/ daily/ monthly MI reporting, and other ad hoc MI requirements.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
Strong analytical skills including building models and data analysis
- Self-starter with a passion to learn and grow
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL)
- Highly numerate with good communication skills, both verbal and written
Education and Qualifications:
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
What’s in it for you
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
- Flexible benefits
- Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age