Centre Mechanic/MOT Tester (Kent)
Centre Mechanic - Dartford, Kent
Salary: c. £30,000 plus package
Here at The AA we are about to embark on a very exciting journey!
We are about to open up our very own AA Autocentre based in Dartford and we are looking for someone to join us on this journey and make it a success.
This is the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading motoring organisation as an Centre Mechanic / MOT Tester. The role is to provide quality, professional and effective repairs of vehicles. You will be working in a state-of-the-art workshop with all facilities on site. Tools and ongoing training provided including Hybrid L3.
What will I be doing?
- Undertake all aspects of servicing & repair including diagnostics, clutch swaps, gearbox replacements turbo replacement, minor engine repairs
- Providing vehicle mechanical reports to business customers
- Greeting the customer and talking through the requirements of the repair service
- Creating videos for feedback and authority from customers
What do I need?
- Minimum of Level 2 City and Guilds or Level 2 NVQ in Mechanics or equivalent experience, and or MOT Tester with Service and Repair experience
- Technicians must be able to carry out MOTs at Class 4
- Driving license - 6 points or less
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.