Role: Insight Analyst
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Full Time Permanent Position
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The insight team use mathematical and analytical methods to help the business solve problems and make better decisions, providing comprehensive management information, analytics, and business modelling service to contribute to the cost effectiveness of the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident analyst to join our roadside operations insight team as an insight analyst working in the data analysis strategy. As a data strategy analyst, you will be using big data and historical performance metrics to come up with strategies that improve patrol performance. Use of a variety of information sources, including telematics data, is crucial in our aim to deliver reductions in fuel/CO2 emissions and to improve patrol drive times.
Improving our access to new data, and a better understanding of our existing data sources, is also key to ensuring that we are making the best decisions. You will help support bridging the knowledge between the insight team (who use the data for Insight) and IT (who provide data). You will also help to support the acquisition of new internal and external data sources for the insight team to use to support with understanding problems and improving analysis outcomes.
You will possess a knowledge of computer programming and a high degree of problem-solving capability to identify anomalies and provide innovative solutions for change. We are looking for someone with a pro-active approach and the ability to bring forward new ideas, insight, and analysis above and beyond what has been requested.
What will I be doing?
Other responsibilities you would be expected to undertake to support the rest of the insight team and roadside operation include:
- Developing simulation and general business models to assist with the identification of inefficiencies and making recommendations for improvement of business performance.
- Initiating projects to assess business performance and making proposals for changes in working practices to senior management, playing a major part in the implementation process.
- Providing a comprehensive analytical service to all levels of management; identifying trends, highlighting problem areas, and recommending solutions to improve business performance.
- Designing and running presentations and training courses regarding new computer models to ensure all management and staff are conversant with all aspects of new systems and providing on-going support to users.
- Reviewing the reporting of all management information and statistical analysis produced to ensure that it meets customer requirements and recommending changes to ensure insight meets the changing needs of the business.
- Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or a related subject.
- Good knowledge of computer programming languages (e.g. Python, SQL, Scala, R).
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales.
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to engage with management.
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, ‘results orientated’ approach.
- Knowledge of statistical computing e.g. using R, SAS.
- Knowledge and experience using Databricks.
- Good understanding of computer modelling techniques (machine learning, statistical modelling, experiment design, optimisation).
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skill and the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across multiple departments. You will also require excellent communication skills; specifically, the ability to translate complex data and concepts into easy to understand formats.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.