Credit Hire Claims Handler
Job Title: Claims Handler – Credit Hire
Location: Flexible, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: Up to £25,000 basic salary depending on experience, with a performance related bonus on top
Hours: Full Time, Flexible Working Opportunities available
Shifts: Between 9 am – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday, with no weekend work required
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers.
The insurance claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out with a group of 4, the newly refurbished office is now home to more than 130 employees just 3 short years later. We’ve got exciting plans to continue our growth over the coming year, meaning there’s lots of opportunities for you to kickstart a career in Insurance with us.
This is the job
As a credit hire claims handler, we’ll look to you to deal efficiently and effectively with credit hire claims submitted to us.
What will I be doing?
With each new claim, you’ll carry out investigations into liability and indemnity, collecting evidence of the incident to help you decide the best course of action. Where a settlement is owed, you’ll pick up with a range of external providers, including credit hire organisations, third party insurers and solicitors to negotiate the settlement.
You’ll have your own portfolio of claims to look after, with the aim of settling each case promptly and avoiding the need for litigation where possible.
What do I need?
You’ll already know about insurance, liability and indemnity, and may have worked in a similar credit hire role previously. As a confident communicator, you’ll be able to negotiate with third party organisations.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is experienced and proactive in liability or credit hire claims
- Has the commercial awareness to help them determine when it is right to challenge a claim
- Is tenacious, with a drive to deliver the right settlement result for our business
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home and part time hours
- 25 days holidays a year
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.