Policy Validation Team Leader
Job Title: Policy Validation Team Leader
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: Up to £32,000 basic salary depending on experience, with a performance related bonus on top
Hours: Full Time
This is the job
Our office is in Tunbridge Wells however we can offer homeworking where appropriate. You will be part of a team where everyone works together and supports one another. The Insurance Claims unit is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; having achieved this through growth of the insurance business, delivering first rate customer service and with fantastic teamwork. Despite these unusual times we are anticipating continued growth this year and beyond. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within the Insurance industry and for a well-established organisation!
What will I be doing?
The Policy Validation Team at The AA handle all aspects of application fraud, from organised fraud, opportunistic misrepresentation, and technical underwriting referrals at claims stage. Our approach is to combine smart, data driven methods of identifying concerns with first class investigation and case handling.
The leader of this team must be the able to apply technical expertise alongside strong people management skills to deliver results.
The ability to create new ideas and apply them in a practical environment is essential to shape how we operate, to ensure we remain at the forefront in the fight against an evolving threat of fraud.
Engagement with key stakeholders within the business, particularly across the claims and underwriting teams is key to this role. Therefore, being able to communicate and build relationships at a variety of levels is important.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A proven performer in an Underwriting Fraud or Technical Underwriting role for an insurer.
- A track record of leading high performing teams is desirable.
- Experience in implementing operational change is welcomed.
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation and current industry trends is key.
- Can interoperate a variety of different datasets and apply the information operationally.
- SQL knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- Advanced experience in using MS office packages, particularly excel is important.
- The ability to generate comprehensive reports around team performance and fraud exposure is key.
- A positive, self-confident approach when dealing with peers to form key relationships across the business and within the department.
- Works well under pressure to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities, including:
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- Staff Pension
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age