Claims Handler - Home Insurance
Job title: Claims Handler – Home Insurance
Location: Tunbridge Wells or can be remotely based
Salary: £19,000 - £25,000 dep on exp + annual bonus + excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, contact centre opening hours are 8 am - 6 pm Mon – Fri and 9 am – 1 pm Saturdays (shifts arranged on rotational basis)
Here at the AA and as part of our Motor & Home Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking for Claims Handlers to join us in our Household Claims team.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who have experience of taking ownership and responsibility for a portfolio of cases, an opportunity to see each case through to completion whilst building relationships with the customer, providing a really positive experience during what can be a difficult time for the customer.
You’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
If you already have claims management experience and are committed to doing well in everything you do would love to hear from you!
This is what the hiring manager, Zoe says about the role…
We have recently embarked upon a new and exciting adventure by bringing our household claims in-house; giving us the opportunity to deliver an excellent level of customer service. I am looking to extend our strong claims team and will be interested in people who can communicate with empathy and who have the customer at the heart of every decision they make.
This is a great opportunity to progress your career within a well-known organisation as well as to contribute to the overall continuous improvement of the Household team - we encourage our people to speak up when they think something could be done differently and value everyone’s input!
This opportunity doesn’t come around very often so if you think this sounds like you then we look forward to your application!
This is the job
As a Household Claims Handler, you will be responsible for handling a portfolio of household claims with an opportunity to specialise in a particular area of property claims. The role entails case ownership of claims that might include Accidental Damage, Storm and Flood, Escape of Water/Burst Pipes, Theft, Fire and Impact etc. Whilst there is scope for dealing with multiple perils, we are also keen to develop peril specific teams and so you may have a particular knowledge/skill set in relation to certain claims types, or be willing to acquire, through training and coaching, such knowledge. This is a customer facing role and you will be able to deliver superb customer service!
What will I be doing?
- Handling either a mixed portfolio of Household insurance claims or specialising in one or more perils
- Ensuring that service level agreements (SLA’s) are met, keeping the customer updated on the progress of their claim and working to make sure claims are settled promptly and fairly
- Liaising with our supply chain involved with claims
- Ensuring any complaints or expressions of dissatisfaction are accurately recorded and managed in accordance with our complaints processes
- Accurately recording the information given to us by the customer concerning the circumstances of the claim and checking that the type of loss or damage are covered by the terms of the policy. Where part or all of the claim may not be covered, advising the customer in an appropriate and timely manner
- Supporting cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in departmental projects
What do I need?
- Household insurance claims management experience preferable although will consider candidates with a Motor Insurance claims management background (we cannot consider FNOL experience only)
- Experience in cost containment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management and organisation skills
What’s in it for you:
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
- Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc.
- Flexible working options
- Onsite parking
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.