Personal Injury Claims Handler
Job Title: Personal Injury Claims Handler
Location: Tunbridge Wells/flexible home-working
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Up to £30,000 dep on exp + annual bonus + excellent benefits
Here at the AA and as part of our Motor Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking to recruit an experienced Personal Injury Claims Handler.
Our office is in Tunbridge Wells however we can offer homeworking where appropriate. You will be part of a team where everyone works together and supports one another. The Insurance Claims unit is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; having achieved this through growth of the insurance business, delivering first rate customer service and with fantastic teamwork. Despite these unusual times we are anticipating continued growth this year and beyond. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within the Insurance industry and for a well-established organisation!
This is the job
As a Personal Injury Claims Handler, you will be responsible for handling a mixed portfolio of personal injury claims. You will already have experience of handling liability disputes, managing customer expectations and a working understanding of the Pre Action Protocol, low value MOJ (Ministry of Justice) portal claims/non MOJ claims/fast track claims as well as the new Official Injury Claim Portal.
You will also contribute to the development of the Personal Injury department by helping junior members of the team with training, referrals, and mentoring.
What will I be doing?
- Handling a mixed portfolio personal injury claims
- Assessing liability for an accident and offer advice and guidance to customers giving an objective opinion on prospects and where necessary advise the customer where liability will rest
- Identifying and reporting to the Personal Injury Claims Team Leader any claims where poor prognostic indicators are present
- Accurately record the information given to us by the customer concerning the circumstances of the incident
- Improve customer claims experience by identifying process / control gaps in panel performance and agreeing relevant actions
- Ensuring our customers are treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- Support cost, service, and process efficiency projects across the department, as well has participating in departmental projects
What do I need?
- Solid experience in handling all aspects of a personal injury claim either within insurance or private practice
- Time management and organisation skills
- Tact and assertiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to identify salient points from claims files
- Comprehensive understanding of cradle to grave claims handling, covering:
- Advanced liability
- Credit hire
- Fraud awareness
- Personal injury claims (MOJ/non MOJ/fast track/Official Injury Claim portal)
- Principles of indemnity
- Requirements under the RTA and Article 75
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities, including:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An extensive employee benefits scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays, lease cars, electrical vouchers, life assurance and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc)
- Free onsite parking at our Tunbridge Wells offices
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from anyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age