Vehicle Appraisal Technician (Chelmsford)
Salary: Up to £25,000
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
To provide a quality, professional and effective Assessment of Clients vehicles against pre-specified criteria.
Provide advice and assistance within own area of competence, ensuring that in other cases where client requires information, or assistance are directed to the appropriate Team Leader or AA service or department.
What will I be doing?
- Contribute to the effective operation and commercial benefit of AA business by providing a vehicle Mechanical Report to AA business customers/organisations.
- Promote the AA and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times.
- Carry out vehicle checks to a high standard on client’s premises against set criteria within set time frames.
- Working on site without direct supervision from their line manager/superior.
- Ensure the optimum use of time and costs when undertaking diagnostic work.
- Ensure any equipment issued is kept safe and used as per training and is recharged every night or as required.
- Use all PPE issued equipment as required and ensure compliance with any site-specific H+S instructions given by the AA’s clients.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in the field of automotive systems ensuring that all equipment tooling can be used in an efficient and correct manner.
- Work to AA issued codes of conduct covering personal standards
- Maintain to a high standard of serviceability and cleanliness all of the equipment, Uniform and tooling issued, reporting any loss, theft or breakage to line manager immediately
What do I need?
- Mechanical qualifications at L2 City & Guilds or L2 NVQ in mechanics or Equivalent
- Driving licence (car) with max 6 points
- Previous car inspection or appraisal work
- Previous mot experience
We are a business with an increasingly agile way of working and support a flexible working approach to this role. If this is something you would like to explore please just let us know.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll have access to a range of fully supported development programmes, designed to help you progress in your career with us. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current role, or learn new skills and take on greater responsibilities, we can help you build the career you’re looking for here.
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll have access to, as part of our team:
- Discounted home and motor insurance
- Half price AA breakdown membership in your first year and free after 12 months, along with a 50% introductory discount off breakdown cover for 12 months for up to 5 friends/family members.
Plus, so much more!
Good conduct matters to us. Our teams are motivated by doing the right thing for both customers and colleagues, and in line with our values, we ask all our employees to act with honesty & integrity and respect for others at all times.
Here at the AA we understand diversity and value the difference this brings to 2our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, you are empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong.
We hope to hear from you soon!