Credit Hire Claims Handler
Contact Centres, Insurance
Here at the AA and as part of our Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking to recruit a Credit Hire Claims Handler on a 12 month fixed term contract to join us.
If you already have a credit hire background, experience assessing liability, ideally within the motor insurance industry we would love to hear from you!
This is the job
As a Credit Hire Claims Handler, you will be managing claims submitted to us by investigating liability and collecting evidence in order to decide the best course of action.
What will I be doing?
You will be dealing with your caseload of claims efficiently and effectively as well as successfully negotiating hire rates with third parties and with each new claim, you’ll carry out investigations into liability and indemnity and collecting evidence of the incident. Where a settlement is owed, you’ll pick up with a range of external providers, including credit hire organisations, third party insurers and solicitors to negotiate the settlement so confidence is key.
You’ll have your own portfolio of claims to look after, with the aim of settling each case promptly and avoiding the need for legal litigation where possible.
What do I need?
You’ll already know about insurance, liability and indemnity, and may have worked in a similar credit hire role previously. As a confident communicator, you’ll be able to negotiate with third party organisations. Also, we will be looking for:
- Commercial awareness to help determine when it is right to challenge a claim
- Tenacity, with a drive to deliver the right settlement result for our business
- Ability to think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why you should work for us
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Annual bonus scheme (dependent upon personal and company performance)
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
- Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc..)
- Flexible/home-working options
- Onsite parking
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
- Discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Opportunities in our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- Social Committee