Customer Service Advisor
Contact Centres, Insurance
Salary: £18,500 - £22,000 dep on exp + annual bonus + excellent benefits
Location: Tunbridge Wells/home-working options
Hours: We have 2 options - 37.5 hours per week across mixed shifts within hours of 8am-8pm Mon-Sun OR 37.5 hours per week across mixed shifts within hours of 7am-11pm (working 4 days on, 4 days off) depending on your preference
Here at the AA and as part of our Motor Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic Customer Service Advisors to join us in our First Notification of Loss department (FNOL).
Based in our Tunbridge Wells offices (or remotely) you will be part of a great team where everyone works together and supports one another. It’s also one of the fastest growing areas in our business. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within a function that has a ‘family’ feel but also with the benefit of being part of the wider AA Group.
This is a great role to introduce you to a professional working environment and to learn about or further your knowledge of the Insurance industry and its principles – if you have the ambition and drive, the opportunities will be endless!
So, if you are committed to doing well in everything you do and understand what good customer service looks and feels like, then we will support you all the way and would love to hear from you!
This is the job
The FNOL team deal with calls that come in from customers or third parties who are reporting a motoring incident and need to make a claim. At this point you will need to provide advice on how to make that claim and the process involved as well as taking details of the claim itself. This part is really key as often you will be dealing with customers who may be distraught and upset due to the nature of the call. Being able to put yourself in the shoes of the customer is what we do best.
What will I be doing?
You will be assessing the liability of the incident and offer advice and guidance giving an objective option on where the liability will eventually lie – and sometimes you may need to advise something they were not expecting such the liability sitting with the customer themselves so tact and empathy as well as confidence is important.
You will also be instructing suppliers such as repairers, solicitors and car hire companies where required and ensure these interventions are carried out in a timely manner for the customer.
We are really proud of the standard of customer service we deliver so you will need to ensure you meet these standards in every call you handle – the customer always being at the heart of everything you do.
What do I need?
- Experience in a Customer service environment – this can be retail, hospitality etc. Our training will cover the rest!
- A desire to do well
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers understanding that they could be distraught and concerned following an incident
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Good written and spoken English as well as good numeracy skills
Why should I apply?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Discretionary performance related annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
- Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc.
- Flexible working options
- Onsite parking
Our phone lines are open 8 am until 8 pm Monday to Sunday and your working week will be 37.5 hours on a rotational shift pattern. Your shifts will be cascaded to the team well in advance so you will have plenty of time to plan around the hours. You will work a maximum of 2 weekend days a months with time off in lieu.