Liability Claims Handler - Insurance
Contact Centres, Insurance
Job Title: Liability Claims Handler - Insurance
Location: Flexible, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: Up to £23,000 basic salary depending on experience, with a performance relate bonus on top
Hours: Full Time
Shifts: Shift pattern between the hours of 08:00-18:00 Monday - Friday
This is the job
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers.
The insurance claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out as a group of 4, the newly refurbished office is now home to more than 130 employees 3 short years later. We’ve got exciting plans to continue our growth over the coming year, meaning there’s lots of opportunities for you to kickstart a career in Insurance with us.
What will I be doing?
As a Liability Claims Handler, you will responsible for a portfolio of disputed liability motor claims. Using the tools at your disposal, you will be required to make accurate liability assessments and manage the claim until conclusion with no avoidable litigation against us. Whilst doing this, you will be expected to manage our customers expectations and will have the overall responsibility of the financial upkeep of your portfolio.
What do I need?
Who we’re looking for
We know our customers may have been through a stressful or difficult experience when they are calling to discuss a claim they have made. As a confident communicator, you’ll be a friendly voice on the end of the phone, building connections and putting them at ease as you support and advise them.
You’ll be comfortable handling challenging conversations professionally, with the customers’ best interests at heart. You’ll have an eye for detail too, assisting you to accurately complete your claim reviews.
We’ll teach you everything you will need to know through our Claims Academy once you’ve started.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Minimum 12 months’ experience working in a motor claims role with liability experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customer.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
- Self- motivated
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits as well as learning and development opportunities, including:
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home and part time hours
- 25 days holidays a year
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.