Motor Claims Handler - Interventions team
Contact Centres, Insurance, Inbound
Job Title: Claims Handler – Intervention Sales Handler
Location: Flexible, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: Up to £22,000 basic salary depending on experience, with a performance related bonus on top
Hours: Full Time, Part Time & Flexible Working Opportunities available
Shifts: Between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday & 10am - 4pm weekends
This is the job
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services, and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers.
The insurance claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out with a group of 4, the newly refurbished office is now home to more than 130 employees just 3 short years later. We’ve got exciting plans to continue our growth over the coming year, meaning there’s lots of opportunities for you to kickstart a career in Insurance with us.
What will I be doing?
What you’ll be doing
As an intervention sales handler, we’ll look to you to contact innocent parties that have been involved in accident with our AA Customers.
With each new claim, you’ll carry out investigations into liability and indemnity, using our wide range of suppliers you will arrange to service the innocent parties needs by dealing with their damage their vehicle and providing a replacement where required, minimising the inconvenience caused by the accident. Where a settlement is owed, you’ll use valuation tools at your disposal to negotiate a settlement with the innocent party.
What do I need?
Who we’re looking for
We know customers may have been through a stressful or difficult experience when you are calling out to them, As a confident communicator you’ll be a friendly voice on the end of the phone, building connections and putting them at ease as you support and advise them.
You’ll be comfortable handling challenging conversations professionally, with the customers’ best interests at heart. You’ll have an eye for detail too, assisting you to accurately complete your claim reviews.
We’ll teach you everything you will need to know through our Claims Academy once you’ve started.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience working with customers and understands the importance of delivering excellent customer service– whether it be in a previous call centre role, a retail role, or sales environment
- Self- motivated
- Comfortable in a target orientated role
- Has a forward thinking approach in relation to working practices
- Embraces technology
- Ability to use qualities such as Empathy, Tact, Assertiveness and Diplomacy when talking to our customers
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home and part time hours
- 25 days holidays a year
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.