Team Leader - Customer Service (Household Insurance)
Contact Centres, Insurance
Role: Team Leader – Household Insurance
Location: Tunbridge Wells/Working from home options
Salary: Up to £35,000 DOE + bonus + excellent benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Here at the AA and as part of our Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are about to embark on an exciting journey to bring our Household Insurance Claims proposition in-house; and as part of this venture we are looking to recruit an experienced Team Leader to join us.
Based in our Tunbridge Wells offices you will be part of an ambitious but warm, friendly and outgoing team, where everyone works together and supports one another. It’s also one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out with a group of 4, the newly refurbished offices are now home to more than 200 employees in just 4 years, having achieved this through efficiencies, delivering first rate customer service and with fantastic team work. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within the Insurance industry and for a well-established organisation!
If this sounds like something you’d like to be part of then we’d love to hear from you!
This is the job
As Team Leader in our Customer service teams you will be managing and motivating a team of Customer Service Representatives to ensure the delivery of best in class claims service to our customers as well as driving commercial performance. You will lead by example, providing quality customer service, answering customer enquiries and effectively handling customer complaints should they arise.
What will I be doing?
As a Team Leader you will own the performance of your team by overseeing audits and coaching your team to be the best that they can be. You will provide constructive feedback with effective goal planning. Our Team Leaders are a pivotal part of our leadership community reporting directly into the senior management team and as such you will be compiling monthly reports detailing your team performance in line with KPI’s and providing additional support to the Senior Management team when required.
What do I need?
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Home insurance team – desirable but not essential
- Experience working in a contact centre environment working towards a management position or already in a leader role
- Previous experience within a contact centre environment working on a shift pattern - desirable but not essential
- Commercial awareness and understands the importance of driving performance in line with targets
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure, resilient and takes change in their stride
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers who could be distraught and concerned following an incident
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Why you should work for us
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of the AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits, as well as learning and development opportunities including:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- 50% discount on AA membership in the first year and free thereafter
- Discounts on the wider AA products and services incl. car insurance, home insurance etc.
- Flexible working options
- Onsite parking
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme