Senior Product Manager
Head Office, Roadside Operations
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving AA success through the management of a range of B2B products and propositions, ensuring they deliver against the business’s customer and commercial objectives and regulatory responsibilities. It covers propositions for new and existing manufacturer relationships, SME, fleet, banking and other B2B2C partners.
The role includes the development of new products and propositions, as well as managing and optimising those already in market, ensuring we deliver against the business’s customer, commercial and regulatory objectives.
What will I be doing?
Ensure B2B products deliver the best possible customer, colleague, commercial and conduct experience by;
- Providing up-to-date customer insights (quantitive and qualitative) and championing the voice of the customer to ensure needs are met at every touchpoint
- Ensure products meet all regulatory requirements, continually reviewing and identifying opportunities for future improvements
- Optimising the commercial performance of the products, working with colleagues across the B2B Team to analysing trends and identifying opportunities to increase revenue/margins and remove inefficiencies
- Manage all internal and external (third party) relationships involved in the delivery of the products and propositions to ensure a cohesive strategy is understood and supported across the supply chain
Underpin the AA strategy by delivering best-in-class product/propositions by;
- Undertaking end-to-end product reviews including competitor, substitute, alternative and outside-of-industry category comparisons to define what best-in-class looks like
- Producing underpinned business cases to deliver the required features to move the AA to best-in-class
- Communicate product performance, potentials and recommendations to an exec audience using excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrate negotiation/influencing skills to work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliveries are done on time, in budget and in agreed scope
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of Product Management within an FCA regulated business preferred
- Experience of driving Customer Experience improvements, ideally including customer journey mapping
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong commercial understanding – with a broad understanding of all the levers that impact revenue and profits, underpinned by solid analytical skills
- Experience of procurement, supplier management and budget control
- Able to demonstrate sound customer-led thinking, and an ability to seek out relevant pieces of understanding and insight
- Able to think strategically, but also to translate this into workable solutions that can be easily and effectively communicated.
- Good initiative and follow-through skills – gets things done on time and in a well-organised Able to manage quality delivery through others
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong educational background – likely to include good degree (2:1 or above) from top tier university
- Ambitious and driven – with a desire to learn
- A willingness to think strategically as well get involved in the detail
- An ability to influence stakeholders, internally and externally
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.