Customer Service Advisor, Inbound Retentions
Contact Centres, Insurance
Role: Customer Service Advisor – Inbound Retentions
Salary:£18,640 including flexibility allowance, rising again to £19,178 once you’ve completed your training and probation, plus average reward earnings of £3700
Shifts: Rotational shifts between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday (our opening hours). Working 1 in 2 Saturdays on average, from 9am – 5pm, with a day off in lieu during the week. Over a 10-week rota, people typically work five Saturdays and five weeks of our later shift (finishing at 7.30 – 8.15pm)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time 36.25 hours per week
Start dates: January
To help make sure that everyone has a equal opportunity when applying, we're only able to accept one application per person for our Customer Service positions. Please can we ask you to double check before you apply that you're happy with the opportunity you've selected - once you've applied, our team will not be able to consider any further applications for similar opportunities.
We are part of the AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is growing fast. We have exciting plans for the future with lots of opportunities to develop your career. Why not join us?
This is the job
Can you see yourself in the energetic exciting world of Insurance Retention? Our Inbound Retention Advisors thrive on goals and deliver best in class service, which means hundreds of thousands of our customers elect to stay with us every year and give us fantastic customer satisfaction survey results.
Where you’ll be working
We are based in Newcastle Business Park. It’s on the main bus route and only 5 minutes from the city centre. We also have free parking. We promote an inclusive culture with team building activities and rewards and recognition for great performance. It’s a fun and sociable office with always lots going on to get involved in. We have a canteen and fantastic chill out area with pool tables, table tennis and amazing views of the Tyne river and the Angel of the North.
What will I be doing?
As an Inbound Retention Advisor you’ll be the key point of contact for our insurance customers due for renewal, building excellent rapport and ensuring they have a great experience on every call. You’ll bring to life our values of care and expertise. Sometimes, customers may express their wish to leave, so it’s down to you to quickly reaffirm all the reasons why to choose The AA. You’ll become an expert in our products and services. With busy lives, customers’ requirements are ever-changing, so you need to ask questions to establish what their needs and the best possible products. It’s a challenging and varied role and you’ll be given great training and coaching to develop your confidence and expertise.
In a typical day, you would be:
- Taking calls from our customers in our busy call centre
- Having great conversations about our products and services
- Solving problems and delivering a great customer experience
- Developing your knowledge of our products, processes and policies
- Resolving complaints and difficult situations
- Helping and supporting your colleagues get the job done
What do I need?
What we’re looking for:
- A naturally positive and resilient mindset
- A passion for helping people and a natural flair for great conversations
- A great listener who takes the time to fully understand the needs of our customers
- A talent for solving problems and finding the best solution for our customers and our business
- An eye for detail and accuracy and be confident with a PC
- Drive to achieve your objectives and keep your knowledge up to date
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- An openness to feedback and a great team player
What you’ll receive
- 31 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) rising the longer you’ve been here
- Access to our internal development programme, designed to tap into your potential and support you to progress in your career
- Discounts at hundreds of high street retailers, days out, holidays and many more
- Free AA membership after 12 months
- AA share save scheme
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.