IT Support Analyst
Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
IT Support Analysts work on the Service Desk responding to and logging user issues with all the IT systems in use at Drivetech, and resolving issues wherever they can. They will liaise with users to accurately record details of problems, and the impact they are having on the business. They will use this information to populate the service desk tool, prioritise tickets, investigate and resolve issues, and escalate work on to appropriate additional technical resources when required. They will also monitor existing tickets for progress and communicate this back to users in order to keep them informed of the status of their issue. Support analysts will also implement technical changes and assist in larger IT project work when required.
What will I be doing?
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Respond in a timely, friendly and professional manner to all IT Service Desk communication channels, including telephone, email and in person.
- Discuss issues with users so as to fully understand the nature of the problem they are raising and its business impact.
- Accurately and concisely record call details in the ticketing system, including assessments of systems affected and priority according to the IT Department SLA
- Investigate and resolve issues where they can
- Where a problem exceeds their experience, following investigating and documenting an issue they will escalate the issue to additional technical resources, both within the company and at third party suppliers.
- Monitor escalated issues, follow up with those working on them and track progress to completion, including regular updates back to users.
- Monitor tickets against SLA and work to ensure the IT department meets its KPI targets for ticket response and resolution.
- Follow all IT Department governance procedures and policies, including ISO27001 security policies.
- Perform administration and governance duties within the IT Department, e.g. maintaining the asset register.
- Implement technical changes and routine technical jobs, e.g. building new PCs
- From time to time provide assistance with technical work for projects and changes, this may include evening and weekend work.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse stakeholder group including executives, managers, and field-based staff
- Experience supporting common PC technologies, e.g. Windows and Microsoft Office 365 in a corporate environment.
- Experience supporting Microsoft oriented back office systems, e.g. Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange, VMWare, backup solutions, etc
- Experience troubleshooting networking, including routed networks, firewalls and associated services.
- Troubleshooting general technical issues, including with unfamiliar systems.
Education and Qualifications:
- English and Maths to a good level
- Computing qualifications or equivalent professional experience
- Good communicator who is comfortable and confident talking with a wide variety of people.
- Service oriented approach, a proactive desire to help people and solve problems for them quickly and to their satisfaction.
- Diligent and detail oriented. Able to clearly and accurately record information for others to work on.
- Able to effectively manage their time and work to prioritisation
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.