Senior Marketing Manager
Head Office, Insurance
Royal Tonbridge Wells
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The AA and the Accident Assist team are looking to recruit a dynamic Senior Marketing Manager who will have the overall responsibility to drive brand awareness and growth of our membership base.
As Senior Marketing Manager for Accident Assist you will help position our accident management offering as a credible market place voice and as a trusted authority, with overall responsibility for growing our internal AA and external market. You will leverage the wider AA brand and our internal stakeholders in Road and Marketing.
With a real focus on digital, you will lead customer research and marketing strategy and work with the broader Accident Assist Executive Team to convert both into bottom-line results.
The role will have three main dimensions, they are:
- P&L – to achieve AAS annual Business Plan EBITDA
- Growth – increase AA Members
- Market Awareness – to become the accident assistance provider and the natural ‘first call’ after an accident
Along with this you will Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment
What will I be doing?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing Strategy: Clearly define and articulate our marketing strategy. Determine how we may increase our penetration into the accident management market, at what cost, how and when.
- P&L: Determine our optimal customer acquisition cost per accident for our customer groups.
- Brand strategy: Define and clearly articulate what the Accident Assist brand stands for. Collaborate with the Exec team to determine how this is translated into propositions for customers.
- Reviews & referrals: Manage online reviews to ensure customers have access to accurate and fair assessments of our service. Define a referral strategy to deliver customer growth across channels.
- Channel mix: Determine through rigorous analysis what channels should we use to market to new customers in our customer groups. Define the role, scale and opportunity of SEO, PPC, Affiliates, Outreach etc. Assess and prioritise new channels as they come to market.
- Platforms: Collaborate with the Tech team to ensure we are optimising our digital products for optimal marketing ROI across platforms.
- Tools & Processes: Determine the systems and tools required to optimise spend. Define & deploy any tools required to monitor competitors. Ensure tools are in place to track and measure return-on-investment for marketing spend
- Competitive Landscape: Regularly update the Accident Assist Exec & broader business on competitor activity, potential threats and opportunities.
- Data: Determine the Accident Assist data strategy for best leveraging our customer data.
- CRM: Determine which channels (e.g. Email, text, phone) we should use to speak to our customers, and the messages at each point in the customer lifecycle.
- AA Group: Ensure marketing strategy, brand vision, creative and channel mix fits with the broader AA. Determine ways to leverage AA group to drive growth in customer numbers.
- PR: Collaborate with AA Group Marketing team to identify and optimise value from PR opportunities for Accident Assist.
- Risk & Compliance: Ensure all marketing activity is compliant with GDPR.
- Retention: Collaborate with the broader Accident Assist Executive Team and AA Group to optimise customer retention and optimise lifetime value of each customer
What do I need?
It’s essential that you:
- Proven experience in delivering and implementing a marketing strategy
- Proven track-record delivering results in marketing, digital marketing leadership experience essential
- Proven ability to translate customer research into profitable new marketing activity
- Proven understanding of marketing landscape across all channels, with expertise in digital marketing
- Previous experience managing marketing teams, particularly with a digital element across SEO, performance and social
Ideally you will be:
- Educated to Degree level
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.