IT Operations Implementation Manager
Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
To project manage the implementation of strategic and tactical projects within IT Operations area. The role needs to ensure that each project is implemented to time and cost, while ensuring adherence to the agreed AA Project Governance Framework.
This position sits within the IT Operations function, located in in Basingstoke. The purpose of this position is to provide project management expertise specifically relating to Infrastructure and end user computing related projects. This will take the form of facilitating and managing strategic and tactical change implementation, ensuring appropriate AA processes are followed (e.g. Change, Service Introduction) and co-coordinating / project managing the implementation of change across the AA. The job holder should be able to provide project management support and direction for IT and will typically have simultaneous responsibility for a number of concurrent projects. Projects will vary in size and scope and will utilise a variety of personnel and resources in different teams within AA IT, plus managing resources from multiple third parties.
What will I be doing?
- To manage the progress of projects in a timely and effective manner ensuring delivery to the required standard
- To work with the appropriate IT resources in order to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation approaches which minimise risk whilst meeting project timeline and cost objectives
- To communicate the progress and status of projects to the project sponsor and other members of the project team and act as part of steering groups as and when appropriate / required
- To manage all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks
- To identify and make recommendations on resources required that optimises each implementation, including writing the definition of scope of third party contracts
- To prepare detailed and comprehensive project documentation where appropriate
- To seek opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of implementation within IT Operations, and the associated service management / service introduction processes
- Control the development and influence deployment of consistent processes (incl. governance) and preferred approach & methods for assigned projects.
- As part of project implementation, ensure that change management processes are followed, ensuring that dependencies are assessed, and the company makes optimal use of change delivery resources.
- Ensure the required level of support is in place following project handover (following the service introduction methodology), and all support documentation is complete before projects are closed.
- To create and maintain a good working relationship with portfolio managers, project sponsors and other managers and assist with the initiation and facilitation of solutions based on business need.
- Identify, assess and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality criteria and solutions are cost effective, resilient and supportable
Managing a team
- Provide direction
- Communicate effectively
- Manage performance
- Address underperformance
- Responsible for ensuring the right level of skills and capabilities in their team, clarifying roles and responsibilities and updating the HR system of same in a timely manner
What do I need?
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
- Excellent time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within agreed deadlines and to the required standard
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to lead multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments
- An excellent negotiator, influencer and networker
- Able to make decisions where appropriate
- Able to use Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Project
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
- Expert problem solver
- Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
- Creative thinker
- Proven ability to work with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished, and benefits realised
- Record of delivering IT development projects to budget and timescale,
- Deep understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of Project Management methods and disciplines,
- Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
- Experience of delivery of large-scale programmes and projects.
Education and Qualifications:
- Related Project Management professional qualifications are beneficial
- Relevant Technical accreditation relating to security are beneficial, but not essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is beneficial, but not essential
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.