Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
This is the job
The Solution Architect supports project development by bridging the specific business problems and issues to the technologies that support them. They require a knowledge of the enterprise architecture, as one of their functions is to ensure compliance with the architecture in the application design. The Domain Architect role is projected facing and provides two areas of support: a business focus in ensuring the correct alignment of the technology with the business needs, and a technology focus in ensuring the technology used is complying with the architectural strategy and standards.
What will I be doing?
- Work with the Head of Architecture and Enterprise Architecture team in the continual improvement of the AA architecture development methodology, framework, strategy, and architecture principles.
- Support the Head of Architecture in the proliferation of sound architecture practice, strategy, and principles.
- Identify and engage with business stakeholders and provide assistance in the identification of future business capabilities, solution requirements, and develop a solid appreciation for the business context.
- Maintain current application architecture views and define the target and transitional application architecture views.
- Work with Data and Technology Architects to define data and technology architecture views.
- Identify and manage architecture exceptions during the definition of target and transitional architectures.
- Identify and manage design exceptions during the application design and development lifecycle.
- Support the Head of Architecture in the population, review, analysis, and management of the architectural requirements.
- Provide project analysis, design, and implementation support during the application development lifecycle.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledgeable in the use of architectural modelling tools such as RSA, Abacus, Mega
- Appreciation of Web development technologies and languages.
- Appreciation of Web Content Management Systems (WCMS).
- Experienced in Cross Domain Customer Experience Management (CX).
- Appreciation of Mobile Applications and Technologies.
- Appreciation of Social Media technologies.
- Experienced in Content Targeting and Personalisation.
- Experienced Web Access and Identity Management.
- Experienced Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Appreciation of Policy Administration systems.
- Experienced in Customer marketing and bulk communication systems.
- Appreciation of Digital Marketing concepts and solutions.
- Appreciation of the Internet of Things (IoT), an appreciation of vehicle telematics would be beneficial.
Education and Qualifications:
- Certified to TOGAF Level 1 or equivalent architecture framework.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.