Customer Service Representative - Insurance
Head Office, Longacre Claims
Job Title: Customer Service Representative - Insurance
Location: Homeworking options considered, Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: £16,000 - £23,900 depending on experience, with a performance related bonus on top
Shifts: You’ll be working in a rotational shift pattern, with hours between 8:00am – 8pm Monday to Sunday with lieu days during the week
Please only apply if you have the capability to be interviewed remotely via Microsoft Teams. We also require you to live within a 60 mile radius of a UK AA site.
This is the job
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers.
The Insurance Claims team in Tunbridge Wells is one of the fastest growing areas in our business; starting out as a group of 4, the newly refurbished office is now home to more than 130 employees 3 short years later. We’ve got exciting plans to continue our growth over the coming year, meaning there’s lots of opportunities for you to kickstart a career in Insurance with us. As a Customer Service Representative, you’ll find yourself at the heart of the action.
What will I be doing?
As a Customer Service representative at our call centre, you’ll be the key point of contact for our insurance customers. Taking inbound calls as part of our First Notification of Loss team, you’ll speak with customers who are getting in touch to report an issue - whether it be loss, theft or damage to their vehicle.
As you walk them through the claims process, you’ll listen carefully to pick up on key pieces of information, asking the right questions along the way to uncover everything you’ll need to know. Using this information, you’ll assess liability for the incident and help guide the customer towards the right solution.
We’ll look to you to give each customer world class customer service through the claims process, as you connect with third party suppliers such as repair and car hire companies, or insurers and solicitors to resolve the situation quickly for them.
What do I need?
Who we’re looking for
We know our customers may have been through a stressful or difficult experience when they call in to make a claim. As a confident communicator, you’ll be a friendly voice on the end of the phone, building connections and putting them at ease as you support and advise them.
You’ll be comfortable handling challenging conversations professionally, with the customers’ best interests at heart. You’ll have an eye for detail too, helping you accurately complete your admin work when documenting the claim.
No previous call centre or insurance experience is necessary – we’ll teach you everything you’ll need through our Claims Academy once you’ve started.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience working with customers and understands the importance of delivering excellent customer service– whether it be in a previous call centre role, a retail role, or sales environment
- Self- motivated
- Comfortable in a target orientated role
- Has a forward thinking approach in relation to working practices
- Embraces technology
- Has a natural empathetic manner understanding how to support our customers in their time of need
- Can think clearly and calmly under pressure
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits as well as learning and development opportunities, including:
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home and part time hours
- 25 days holidays a year
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!