Head Office, Driving Services, AA Driving School
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: Up to £37,000
This is the job
As product owner you will work closely with the development product team, to create and manage products that our customers love. You will ensure our developers have the requirements they need to effectively and efficiently move our technology forward, increasing satisfaction and revenue. We offer remote working and flexible hours with a fun, open and honest culture.
What will I be doing?
- Ensure that all requirements are sufficiently refined to allow the development team to effectively and efficiently work through the product backlog
- Work closely with the product manager to ensure that the technical solutions being developed meet the customer and business needs
- Be the first point of call for the development team when they require clarification/refinement
- Work with the product and development team to ensure the backlog is sufficiently refined to allow a smooth and constant stream of work to the team
- Work closely with the wider Driving School Technical Team and AA IT teams
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of Product Management within a fast-paced Agile organisation
- Experience of defining technical stories and improvements to enhance customer experience
- Practical experience of Agile methodologies and working closely with development teams
- Logically minded with an eye for detail
- Experience with refinement sessions and backlog grooming
Education and Qualifications:
- Relevant professional experience.
- Passionate about customer focused product management
- An eye for detail and a passion for iterative improvements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.