FS Partnership Manager
Head Office, AA Cars
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
This role is accountable for managing the day to day relationship and governance between the AA and the BOI for the AA Financial Services Business.
Reporting into the AAFS and AA Cars CEO and supporting the partnership leadership team (AAFS MD (BOI) and the AAFS Product and Marketing Director (AA)) in the fulfilment of the commercial objectives of the Partnership. The Partnership Manager is a critical member of the AAFS management team and is a key connection point between the two organisations, across all aspects of the partnership.
The purpose of this role is to significantly improve the success of the partnership, through closer understanding, collaboration, communication, and ways of working, to create a highly effective virtual team across two different organisations and functions.
Fundamentally, this person will represent the interests of the AA team at a senior level within the partnership and help to facilitate the successful achievement of the AA and Partnership objectives, both short-term and long-term, through skilful negotiation, organisation, communication and collaboration.
What will I be doing?
- Arrange & minute meetings within the governance process and chair meetings as delegated.
- Coordinate the quarterly partnership board pack development and business planning process.
- Reduce friction and enhance operational efficiency across the partnership.
- Manage and improve specific inter-partnership processes (e.g. rate changes).
- Help deliver the long-term plans of the partnership through efficient stakeholder management.
- Act as a point of liaison to senior management of both companies and the partnership team.
- Establish core governance across both sides of the partnership is adhered to.
- Facilitate the reach of the partnership deeper into both internal organisations (for example Roadside (AA) or Credit Risk (BOI)).
- Co-ordinate the ‘virtual’ team to work effectively together and feel like one team
- Create communications that help to bring each partner perspective to the other organisation.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a senior account / client relationship manager
- Strong experience influencing / leading virtual, matrix or partnership teams with success.
- Proven record operating effectively at a senior management level. Culturally can work at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills,
- Proven track record of programme/project delivery using agile management methodologies, in a complex, corporate environment.
- Strong commercial and financial management acumen.
- Good risk management and mitigation skills within a highly-regulated market.
- Strong communicator with ability to identify and articulate complex problems and solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of the Financial Services industry required
Education and Qualifications:
- 2:1 University degree
- Strong communication, negotiation & account / stakeholder management skills (at all levels)
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to act as a mediator to reach a mutually agreeable outcome.
- High EQ.
- Commercial acumen
- Natural curiosity / inquisitive nature
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to prioritise, manage and deliver under tight deadlines
- Positive and open-minded attitude, with a collaborative mindset.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.