Apprentice Team Leader
Contact Centres, Support
This is the job
Shift Patterns: Monday to Friday 10:00-18:15
Responsible for the leadership and management of a team of apprentices within a customer contact centre.
What will I be doing?
- Delivers world class customer sales and service through excellent team performance in an environment of constant change.
- Promotes and actively supports the culture of the AA by demonstrating company values.
- Accountable for the ability of the apprentice team to resolve all customer dissatisfaction at first point of contact.
- Proactively manages contact with customers where their experience has not been up to their expectations.
- Is responsible for the achievement of sales and service targets/standards for the team, aligned to balanced scorecard measurement criteria. Reviews statistical/performance data as appropriate.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, apprenticeship qualification and personal coaching of team members and is accountable for delivering a high performance team.
- Creates a working environment where continuous improvement, learning and development and an excellent customer experience is the norm.
- Works effectively with others, showing consideration and support for colleagues in other teams, in order to promote a caring and enjoyable employee experience, simultaneously achieving high performance.
- Manages budgets within predetermined financial constraints.
- Oversees the effectiveness of service level agreements delivered by third party suppliers including apprenticeship training providers and escalate internally appropriately.
- Liaises with support units such as resourcing/telephony to maximize resources.
- Ensures call handling/service delivery targets are met.
- Together with the recruitment team, attend local school/college career events to promote the apprenticeship programme
What do I need?
- Previous experience and/or demonstrable ability to manage, develop and coach people – preferably in a service or sales delivery type of environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication skills, both at one to one level, and in presentation form; verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate active listening skills.
- Effective coaching skills and a role model to young person.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Is able to gather appropriate information by asking relevant questions in order to clearly identify the customer’s needs.
- Is able to organise data and identify key facts and issues.
- Able to demonstrate good problem solving expertise.
- Asks open ended questions to explore problems and issues.
- Allows adequate preparation time and is well organised.
- Able to prioritise effectively and identify and resolve time conflicts.
- Must have an understanding of the English education system and Apprenticeships.
- Must have an understanding of the Apprenticeship governance and processes.
- Good stakeholder management both externally (customers, training providers, education bodies) and internally (senior managers, early careers team).
- Must understand the requirements of the business against the requirements of the Apprenticeship programme and is able to manage these conflicts effectively.
Has demonstrated the following abilities and competencies:
- Coaches and develops Apprentices
- Cultivates a high performing team
- Delivers team meetings and presentations in a clear, logical and interesting manner.
- Good deployment of management skills around setting of performance objectives, conducting performance reviews, devising and implementing training and development plans.
- Ensures team consistently meets targets and objectives.
- Is able to lift and motivate the team when the going gets tough.
- Deploys creative ways to communicate with the team, and motivate them to achieve more.
- Understands how the business works and the impact of decisions made on profitability.
- Maintains awareness of outside market conditions, regulatory requirements and competitor activities.
- Keeps up to date with developments and ensures that own skills and that of the team are updated.
- Actively works with peers to promote partnerships between teams to foster a positive synergistic approach.
Education and Qualifications:
- Has learned how to use the system and has acquired an appropriate level of product knowledge around all the core products, plus that appropriate to a second level of contact e.g. claims, complaints, complex risks etc.
- Has an understanding of the T&C framework and understand how the Apprenticeship programme works with in line with these requirements.