AA Signs Installer
Road Operations, Signs
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Full time, permanent
This is the job
As the Signs Installer you will check, deploy and recover signage and equipment at a range of events on and off the public highway.
What will I be doing?
- To work as directed by a designated signs scheduler who will prepare sign schedules and maps for an installer that will direct where, when and how signs and equipment will be deployed.
- To check signs schedules against signs and equipment being collected by them to ensure that all required signs and equipment are present and in good condition.
- As required to prepare, assemble signs and equipment for installation.
- To operate from a specified delivery location and to work to load and unload cages and containers when required.
- To separate and stack signage in job order prior to loading it on a vehicle.
- To travel to and from job locations to install and remove signs as directed.
- When directed to provide onsite operational maintenance support at events.
- While at an event where sign changes are required by organisers/highways or the police, to make the necessary changes in a safe and responsive manner.
- To ensure that at all times an installer fully complies with AA Signs policy, method statements and directions in relation to safe placement of signs and equipment.
- To be able to use initiative to overcome localised problems encountered when deploying signs and equipment.
- To maintain regular contact with the designated scheduler and feedback any problems for review and action.
- To be contactable at all times [with telephone provided] when at work to receive instructions.
- Text in blue is guidance for completion of the form.
What do I need?Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be able demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised outdoors in all weather
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be physically fit to carry out a role that involves daily heavy lifting of signs and
- equipment in a range of environments and weather conditions
- Must be able to read maps and sign schedules and use this information to readily deploy and remove signage
Education and Qualifications:
- Must hold a current full driving licence to cover use of medium sized vehicle - C1 category
- Good Basic IT skills
- Knowledge of the local geographical road network
- Previous traffic management experience
- Previous traffic mobile works qualifications
- Current recognised traffic management qualifications, specifically:
Additional InformationSpecial Conditions:
- Annualised hours.
- Working patterns and rest day schedules are irregular by virtue of the nature of the role linked to the requirement to meet sign posting requirements during the peak summer event period.
- A significant degree of flexibility and understanding of the business working pattern requirement is needed to ensure that new employees are able to successfully adapt and fully integrate.
- Employees will be required to work outdoors on the highway and also on event sites in all weather conditions without supervision.
- Ladder work at the roadside is an essential part of an installers day to day work; up to a height of 3.5 metres.
- There may be a requirement to work away from your home from time to time to cover signs duties or attend large events during the busy summer events season. In that case accommodation and meals will be arranged and paid for by AA Signs.
- Additionally, installers may be asked from time to time be asked to carry out any other reasonable duties to support other Motoring Services activities if deemed necessary.