Head Office, Longacre Claims
Role: System Configurator
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary : UP to £30k depending on experience plus up to 10% annual performance related bonus
Contract: Full time
This is the job
The System configurator role would be accountable for performing a number of service and configuration tasks required to support the Claims business across each of the functions which utilise the ICE platform. Specific activities would include but not be constrained to overseeing any changes to the system from a configuration stand point, managing workflows and queues and financial limits, user admin, manual kick-offs for finance functions (if needed ahead of automated runs or if overnight automation fails for any reason), review of Export Requests e.g. for CUE exports and dealing with failures, dealing with bordereau errors, adding, user and workgroup administration, document configuration changes, EDI Admin (for incoming EDI which may fail to be loaded into ICE and need manual edit for loading), SAP Policy errors (this would be read-only access for review by Finance, but no amendments to the policy) and day to day support. The role will report into the Claims Director and close alignment with the product owner of the platform and the vision for the future use of the platform and plan to get there is essential.
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with all claims functions from FNOL, Engineering, Recovery, Fraud, etc. to understand the business requirements and to provide and configure the right solutions within the ICE platform to fulfil need.
- Effective management and governance of inbound workload and scheduling of day to day, week to week activities, as well as ad hoc changes
- Accountable for ensuring all changes made to the ICE platform are auditable and transparent
- Define and embed the right release governance process which provides complete traceability of quality control and approval for any change going into production. This includes test and approval workflows.
- Provide Level 2 Support specific to the ICE platform, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. In some cases, you may be expected to provide call out ‘out of hours’.
- Provide a conduit and line of communication with the ICE provider and work closely with the vendor to maintain relevant skills and drive necessary hand over / knowledge transfer to ensure future deliveries seamlessly land within the AA environment
- Meeting the defined development KPIs in your deliveries.
- Creation of technical documentation, in line with agreed SDLC and documentation standards.
- Facilitate the trial and rollout of new software delivery processes and techniques.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Some experience in configuring a claims or policy platform.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of small-medium scale development programmes/projects.
- Good interpersonal skills with business or customer representatives.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial
- Knowledge of the technologies to be supported
- Experience with source code version control, automated build and release management
- Requires a diligent, data-driven individual who is committed to continual assessment and improvement.
- Individual must possess a strong technical aptitude and the ability to apply their knowledge to new technologies which they may not be familiar with.
- The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging their peers and superiors to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards (this equally applies to vendors).
- Whilst robustness and integrity are important, the individual must also be pragmatic and able to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Free parking
- Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
- Discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc. through our lifestyle scheme
- Emerging Talent development programme
- Free AA membership after 12 months
- Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
- Continuous training to develop within the role building a satisfying and rewarding career
- Employee of the month/quarter rewards
- Pension scheme