Pricing Analyst - Undergraduate Placement
Head Office, Insurance
Salary: up to £21,018
Full time, FTC (Undergraduate Placement 29.06.2020 – 23.07.2021)
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
As a Pricing Analyst you will assist with all pricing analysis activities in support of the Price Optimisation control cycle. This is an opportunity for an undergraduate who has completed the 1st two years of their degree and is now looking for a placement to pursue in their 3rd year. To be successful you will be studying a degree with mathematical, actuarial or statistical content.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the development and implementation of pricing strategies that increase value by optimising acquisition and retention of AA Insurance business
- Providing support required to build and maintain robust pricing models to facilitate delivering high quality pricing analyses
- Ensuring data adequacy and cleansing is maintained to business standards.
- Rationalising and maintaining efficiency of data extraction procedures. Undertaking competitor analysis as required, allowing for past market trends and modelling future scenarios
- Supporting the development of data sets and analytics to enable delivery of Customer Acquisition and Retention models
- Producing analysis on Market Price Competitiveness, Portfolio, Insurer Panel, quotes, sales etc
- Providing analytics to support Business Case appraisals
- Delivering analysis and output on a timely basis to meet deadlines and ensure usability
- Ensuring key metrics for Insurance are produced on a timely basis and explained
- Supporting external reporting requirements as necessary, e.g. underwriters, affinities etc
What do I need?
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner
- An understanding of multi-variate analytic techniques
- To be commercially focused
- To be action-oriented
- Not afraid of trying new ideas
- S. Programming skills (e.g. VB/Java) are desirable but not essential
- To demonstrate the aptitude and capability to undertake complex statistical analysis in your degree
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.