Senior Compliance Advisor AA Cars AAFS
Head Office, Compliance
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £57,000
This is the job
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to prove advice to the senior management team of The AA Car and Financial Services. The requirement of the role will be to protect The AA brand against adverse publicity and disciplinary action.
You will need to be self-assured and confident and be able provide up to date regulatory information in a way that makes risk easy to understand.
What will I be doing?
- To be the compliance expert for AA Cars / AAFS dealing with the Managing Director and senior management team to provide regulatory guidance.
- Responsible for ensuring changes in the regulatory environment are communicated and impact assessed.
- Responsible for ensuring that regulatory requirements are communicated to the management team when developing new business channels and contracts for AA Cars / AAFS.
- Providing guidance to the AA Cars / AAFS Marketing teams and ensuring compliance with FSA requirements on financial promotions.
- To provide advice in the design and the implementation of appropriate systems, controls and procedures within the AA Cars / AAFS operation.
- Providing a consultancy/training support service to AA Cars / AAFS where appropriate.
- Represent the AA Cars / AAFS Compliance function at both internal and external meetings
- Supporting compliant sales and customer service by ensuring that necessary compliance controls are built into all processes and becomes “second nature”.
- Assist the operation to develop processes to identify any compliance failures.
- Assist the operation to develop processes that helps to identify trends and issues.
- Prepare Compliance reporting for Board papers / reports for AA Cars / AAFS.
- Act as the Risk Coordinator for AA Cars / AA FS and help embed the Group Risk Management Framework
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in a FCA financial services regulated environment
- Demonstrable experience of working with, and challenging, senior managers
- Significant experience of providing technical compliance and risk advice and guidance
- Demonstrable knowledge of FCA approach, priorities and context
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of PRA requirements as applicable to insurers
- Significant front-line operational and compliance (either advice or assurance) experience
- Good understanding of conduct and compliance risks, how to detect these risks, and prescribe action when non-compliance is detected
- To keep updated on regulatory themes/hot topics – and deal with these in proactive way
- Ability to see big picture – concentrate on key compliance risks and take pragmatic approach on both major and minor issues
- Excellent self-organisation and ability to prioritise
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to explain complicated concepts and requirements clearly orally and in writing
- Experience of developing and implementing frameworks and procedures
- Track record of good judgement, including decision making, escalation and referral
- Evidence of working calmly under pressure and to deadlines
Education and Qualifications:
To degree or equivalent level, or demonstrable relevant experience
- Cares for own wellbeing and safety as well as that of our customers and other team members
- Courteous in using excellent interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders effectively
- Collaborative in building and maintaining relationships based on mutual trust and shared goals; actively contributes to building a successful team
- Dynamic – Proactive; doesn’t wait to be told; seeks clarification; plans and organises work effectively
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.