Development Lead - PEGA
Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the jobAs a Lead IT developer you will lead the development and implementation of assigned projects within the relevant delivery tower (e.g. Road, Insurance, Data/Digital/Integration, Group). You will manage all development and integration activities associated with medium to complex cross-functional projects, with responsibility for the technical delivery across the systems development lifecycle. This will include the technical design, development, testing and maintenance activities. You will create & manage delivery plans and required development resources to ensure business requirements are completely satisfied, on time and within budget. You will specialise in a particular area of expertise as described below and are expected to model delivery excellence for more junior members of the team and engaged partner resources. This will include providing technical guidance, completing code reviews and driving continual process improvement.
What will I be doing?
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work closely with business & IT stakeholders and our delivery partners to understand the business requirements and drive the development of high-quality technical solutions.
- Contribute to solution design, identifying innovative solutions to business requirements, driving standardisation and re-usability.
- Provide development estimates for assigned changes/projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure low level design and build are fully aligned to business requirements.
- Manage the development & application maintenance activities for assigned applications to meet both functional and non-functional requirements, within budget and timescale. Expected to apply knowledge of industry trends/standards to improve technical deliveries and service.
- “Hands on” development and peer reviews as required, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. On occasion, you may be expected to provide an ‘out of hours’ service for business critical issues.
- Representation as required on project management teams and occasional steering groups.
- Responsible for quality assurance & delivery, managing unit & system testing and liaising with test teams to ensure SIT/BRT/performance/integration testing is effective and supported. Will also ensure adherence to governance, standards and audit requirements.
- Interviews and selects onshore and offshore developers and consultants to build/maintain required development capability.
- Model best practice, acting as a role model for more junior members of the development team. This includes consistently exceeding the defined development KPIs in your own delivery and supporting more junior members in the same vain.
- Responsibilities may include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
- Responsible for all assigned development and integration delivery and quality on projects.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent matrix communication and influence between the Development teams, Project managers, Delivery Leads, Architecture Third party service provides.
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts and ensures project teams are effectively employing appropriate database design techniques.
- Understands the benefits of various programming languages and techniques and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the requirements.
- Experienced in the design of technical solutions and integration
- Strong technical project management skills in agile and/or Waterfall
Technical & Functional Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in design and implementation of Pega PRPC based solutions (preferably experience of 7.x).
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Pega Marketing and Decisioning
- Pega Insurance framework including product builder, Pega Underwriting and Pega customer service for Insurance.
- DevOps practices
- Java/Java Script
- Mobile Development
- Oracle / SQL Database technology
- Insurance industry experience
- Customer service & operations
Education and Qualifications:
- Pega Certified Lead Systems Architect beneficial but minimum of Pega Certified Senior System Architect certification essential,Pega Certified Business Architect/Lead business architect beneficial