Customer Service Representative - Insurance Claims
Head Office, Longacre Claims
Role: Customer Service Representative - Insurance Claims
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary : £17,374 to £20k depending on experience plus up to 10% annual performance related bonus
Contract: Full time, Part time, flexible options available
This is the job
As the First Notification of Loss Claims Handler, you must be committed to provide our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that their claims are assessed quickly, and if valid are settled in the shortest possible time.
You will be the first point of contact for our policyholder who has suffered a loss following an incident involving their car. You must be able to obtain the relevant details from them and record this information giving the customer excellent advice and assistance, whilst also assessing liability from the circumstances of the incident. You will then manage the Accidental Damage part of the claim to its conclusion.
What will I be doing?
Provide advice to our customer on making a claim and the processes involved.
Take reports of new insurance claims from our customers, or from third parties, credit hire companies, insurers and solicitors.
Record accurately the information reported to us concerning the circumstances of the loss.
Be able to assess liability for an accident and offer advice and guidance to our customers giving an objective opinion on prospects and where necessary advice our customer regarding where liability will rest.
Validating cover is in force for a claim and identifying possible fraudulent claim markers to be referred for investigation.
Instructing suppliers such as repairers, solicitors and car hire companies.
Treat our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
Support cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in departmental projects.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Substantial experience working in a First Notification of Loss team for an insurer; or
- Sufficient customer service experience or working in an office environment
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customer.
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customer understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
What can we offer?
- Free parking
- Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
- Through our lifestyle scheme you’ll have access to discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc.
- Emerging Talent development programme
- Free AA membership & Car Genie after 12 months
- Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
- Continuous training to develop you within your role building a satisfying and rewarding career
- Employee of the month/quarter rewards
- The AA will train you in the road traffic act and motor insurance claims practices which will build your skill set and continuously develop you within your role.
- Pension scheme