Head Office, AA Cars
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £45,000 depending on experience
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
This Company is one of the UK’s best known and most trusted brands. This is down to our team of excellent, innovative and hard-working people. Four years ago we relaunched AA Financial Services (AAFS) in partnership with the Bank of Ireland. We offer a dynamic range of Loans and Savings products to both members and non-members with ambitious plans for growth in the future.
You will provide detailed customer understanding through the effective use of customer data, reporting and analysis which illustrates the performance of digital assets, channels and marketing activity for the FS (Financial Services) area of the AA., spanning acquisition and retention.
You will work with colleagues to identify opportunities across our FS products to improve channel and campaign performance and support the wider FS team.
What will I be doing?
- Providing accurate data, reporting and access to data & reporting for business users
- Providing analytical input to support the development of customer strategy, marketing strategy and product development.
- Supporting digital and technology development teams to ensure accurate data capture, reporting and integration into data warehouses and analytics is delivered
- Analysing data and reports to drive customer and business insight with the objective of improving performance and results, in particular across sales channels including search, display, email, and affiliates
- Keeping up-to-date with industry developments, best practices, consumer experience research and new technologies
- Utilising statistical models that aid understanding of customer risk, value and behaviour.
- Ensuring effective use of model scores and flags in marketing campaigns.
- Providing input for the identification of data quality issues and data structure improvements within the Analytics Warehouse.
- Project managing the delivery of detailed analysis programmes with assistance from Customer Insight and Analytics Manager.
- Ensuring Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly numerate
- Good data interpretation skills
- Understanding of statistical and modelling techniques, like CHAID, regression, clustering techniques, correlation analysis, statistical testing
- Ability to bring together customer insights from analysis, research (including social monitoring) and campaign performance analysis to provide clear and comprehensive insights to support the business
- Technical skills in software packages such as: Excel, VBA, SAS, R, Sql, Google BigQuery, Python, Looker, Tableau
- Some knowledge of campaign testing, ROI and post-campaign performance evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of digital (web, app, other), best practice design and technical understanding an advantage
- Experience in delivering actionable customer intelligence in a marketing or operations research environment highly advantageous
- Experience of tag management systems would be an advantage
- Understanding of CRO and UX best practice would also be an advantage
- Good planning, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to apply techniques for efficient problem solving
Education and Qualifications:
- Highly numerate; Mathematics/Computing degree, or relevant experience required
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.