Senior .NET Developer
Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
As a Senior .NET Developer you will be assigned to projects within the relevant delivery stream. You will work alongside other members of Architecture, Delivery Management and QA teams to design, develop, enhance and maintain the company’s solutions. You will need to be very proficient, a specialist in your area of technical expertise and comfortable providing guidance and modelling delivery excellence to other members of your team. The role is responsible for both problem solving, identifying, delivery and implementing solutions. You will contribute to setting technical standards and governance within your domain. This is a hands-on delivery role.
What will I be doing?
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Contribute to and review architectural designs
- Review business requirements and translate these into technical deliverables, collaborating with architecture, security and external partners.
- Facilitate design sessions and document detailed designs & estimations.
- Develop and contribute to prototypes & Poc’s
- Collaborative working across teams (onshore and offshore) to develop the requirements and support solutions
- Provide guidance and model delivery excellence within your area of expertise
- Facilitate release management activities, ensuring controlled and timely deployments within a continuous integration environment.
- Ensure that all changes are documented, reviewed, tested and approved before release.
- Contribute to standards and governance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on items related to development and integration
- Lead technical workshops and actively contribute to project meetings and steering groups
- Provide guidance on industry best practices.
- Provide L3 BAU support to business-critical incidents and occasionally be available for Out of hours support
What do I need?
Autonomy, Responsibility and Authority
- Has responsibility for planning and coordination of his own actions and providing guidance to development teams within the assigned projects.
- Responsible for assigned development and integration delivery and quality on projects.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent matrix communication and influence between the Development teams, Project managers, Delivery Leads, Architecture, Security & Third party service provides
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
- Possesses significant knowledge of development design principles.
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Knowledge expert in the specified technical domain.
- Has specific experience in designing application customisation and integration.
- Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts and ensures project teams are effectively employing appropriate database design techniques.
- Understands the benefits of various programming languages and techniques and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the requirements.
- Experienced in the design of technical solutions and integration
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Must have team management ability, influencing and organizational awareness.
- Strong analytical and management skills
- Interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Vendor or offshore management experience will be advantageous
- Supervisory and/or team mentoring experience is beneficial.
- Matrix management – code review, project team leadership, development task management and junior developer guidance
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree or industry qualification desirable.
- Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
- Specialist knowledge in development domain.
- Requires a diligent, data-driven individual who is committed to continual assessment and improvement.
- Individual must possess a strong technical aptitude and the ability to apply their knowledge to new technologies which they may not be familiar with.
- The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging their peers and superiors to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards (this equally applies to vendors).
- Whilst robustness and integrity are important, the individual must also be pragmatic and able to adapt to the needs of the business.