We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
The team aims to ensure that our customers are delighted by their experience when submitting a claim. We aim to listen empathetically to our customers, put matters right where possible and ensure that our processes meet expectations of both our customers and the Financial Ombudsman Service. The role provides support to our Customer Centric team.
To be committed to providing our customers with a world-class claims service by ensuring that their complaints are acknowledged quickly and, where appropriate, resolved in the shortest possible time.
You will be responsible for all escalated complaints, liaising with all departments and suppliers whilst keeping our customer updated and maintaining expectations. You will need to collect evidence to make a decision about the justification of the customer’s complaints and take fair and appropriate action to resolve it.
To ensure you adhere to the FCA Treating Customers Fairly 6 Consumer Outcomes.
Salary - £20,000 to £25,000 per annum based on experience
What will I be doing?
• Engage with customers by phone and email to understand the complaint and agree actions
• Work closely with Team Leaders and claims handlers to identify complaints and ensure they are recorded accurately
• Aim to resolve 80% of complaints within 3 days
• Liaise tenaciously with suppliers to understand any failings in their service and challenge them to put the matter right
• Highlight issues with customer service immediately to the Team Leader to ensure action can be taken to avoid repeated complaints.
• Conduct thorough file reviews on cases where the matter cannot be resolved within 3 days. In conjunction with the Customer Services Manager, issue Final Response Letter and ensure the matter is FOS ready
• Feed in to Route Cause Analysis and highlight process improvements
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ideally minimum 6 months’ experience handling complaints for an insurer or motor claims handler
• Good spoken and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with our customers
• Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to customers, understanding that they could be distraught and concerned following a bad claims experience
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• PC literate with good administrative skills
• Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Education and Qualifications:
• Graduate preferred, but minimum 6 GCSEs including Maths & English at Grade C or above or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English
What can we offer?
• Free parking
• Performance related bonus up to 10% of your salary
• 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
• Discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc. through our lifestyle scheme
• Emerging Talent development programme
• Free AA membership after 12 months
• Development framework offering ad-hoc pay reviews
• Continuous training to develop within your role building a satisfying and rewarding career
• Employee of the month/quarter rewards
• Pension scheme