Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary upto £35,000 Dependant on experience
Location - Basingstoke
This is the job
The IT Change Analyst is responsible for ensuring the effective and risk-mitigated implementation of IT Change activities across AA IT. They will work across IT Ops and the IT Delivery functions acting as a key point of contact for all change related activity. As IT Operations work within a partner model, the Change Analyst will be required to with co-ordinate both with internal and 3rd parties.
What will I be doing?
- The Change Analyst will be responsible for enabling effective change activity, ensuring consistent and appropriate communication for changes-related issues.
- Provide guidance around change management process where appropriate.
- In partnership with the business, ensure IT changes are categorised correctly in accordance with the change categorisation model
- Be a key stakeholder of and deputise for the Chair where required for the CAB and eCAB.
- Promote change management best practice.
- Act as a point of contact for all change requests and provide guidance on progressing changes as and when required.
- Ensuring change is controlled across all environments and across a multi supplier ecosystem
- Review the risk & impact analysis in changes to ensure that appropriate actions have been planned to minimize both the risk of failure and the impact on customers during change implementation
- Ensuring that the timing of implementations does not conflict with other planned changes or event.
- Enforcing change freeze and maintenance windows in line with the demands of the business
- Producing management information and communicating the benefits of change management
- Assess if all required Change components have been built and properly tested before technical approval is given.
- Assess the course of the Change implementation and the achieved results, make sure that any mistakes are analysed, and lessons learned in the form of a formal PIR.
- To work in collaboration with the Service Introduction, Release, Configuration and Deployment Managers
- Work with IT Change Manager to identify areas of service improvement, agreeing activities the IT partners need to address any service shortfalls and to track progress against those activities
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
- Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
- 2+ years proven experience of IT Service Management and IT Change Management.
- Knowledge of systems development life cycles, business environment, infrastructure and high availability systems
- Knowledge of industry standard methodologies (e.g. ITIL, PRINCE2)
- Experience delivering projects within an ITIL (or similar) framework
- Proven ability to manage risks, issues, problems and changes
- Experience of working in a mature Change managing environment
- Excellent succinct but detailed communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience of using ServiceNow (desirable)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Visio, Excel)
Education and Qualifications:
- ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum).
- Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
- A service orientated driven individual who is committed to continual service improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing tasks, shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, deadline pressures
- The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging their peers to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards (this equally applies to vendors).