Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the AA to join the Digital Team as a Mobile Software Engineer (Android). We are looking for someone who can inspire our customers by nurturing our award-winning app and deliver new and innovative tools putting digital at the heart of the business.
Our Software Engineers build the next generation of the AA’s mobile and automotive products for Android.
You will be intrinsic in delivering the mobile strategy for existing customers, in particular The AA app – enabling customer self-service which will reduce dependency on contact centres and drive growth benefits across the business.
In return you’ll have the chance to be involved at the cutting edge of some of the newest and most innovative ideas within the automotive industry.
What will I be doing?
The Mobile Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Android mobile application across a variety of connected devices, systems, products and brands.
You will be building the libraries and frameworks that support the AA’s large, complex applications of the future.
This role sits across the development lifecycle and will suit someone who is eager to contribute to everything from product strategy to testing to customer adoption.
The Mobile Software Engineer will have a significant impact in delivering the overall vision and roadmap towards the AA’s mobile strategy.
The successful applicant will need to work closely with development colleagues both within digital and the wider IT team, product management, third party design and development partners as well as business clients in order to deliver across a wide variety of customer needs.
Mobile is fundamental to the AA’s long-term strategy and we are keen to hear from applicants who can demonstrate game-changing use of mobile in a large organisation.
What do I need?
- A computer science degree or equivalent is required.
- Outstanding technical knowledge of mobile application development (iOS in swift and Objective C)
- 4+ Android / Kotlin
- Development of commercial applications.
- Google Maps Mobile SDKs integration and mobile application architecture
- Agile development (SCRUM, kanban)
- Test automation, Unit testing, testing frameworks, continuous delivery systems
- UI frameworks, Interface Animations and Transitions
- Working with third party development partners and establishing clear and workable development principles
- SSO and Oauth2 security
- Knowledge of REST APIs, 3rd Party SDK integration
- Ability to work with stakeholders
- Connected Car and IoT integrations in to mobile apps
- Proven track record of
- Creating successful applications
- Creating fast, scalable applications and prototypes
- Integrating social networks mobile SDKs (Facebook, Twitter, OAuth etc.)