Contact Centres, Support
Role: Insight Analyst
This advert will close on Monday 27th May 2019
This is the job
As an Insight Analyst you will be using advanced mathematical and analytical methods to help the business solve problems and make better decisions. The Insight team provides a comprehensive management information, analytics and business modelling service to contribute to the cost effectiveness of the business.
You will be responsible for producing applied analytics, evaluation of trials, business modelling and small system developments; developing sophisticated mathematical models and interpreting results to assist with decision making by senior management. You will also utilise statistical analysis and business models to establish the consequence of pursuing different actions and implementing practical mathematical algorithms within business processes.
You will require knowledge of computer systems (including hardware and software) and a high degree of problem solving capability in order to identify anomalies and provide innovative solutions for change. We are looking for someone with a pro-active approach and the ability to bring forward new ideas, insight and analysis above and beyond what has been requested.
What will I be doing?
Devising and developing sophisticated decision support systems to aid strategic and tactical decision making by senior and operational management.
Designing and running presentations and training courses regarding new computer models to ensure all management and staff are conversant with all aspects of new systems and providing on-going support to users.
Developing simulation and general business models to assist with the identification of inefficiencies and making recommendations for improvement of business performance.
Initiating projects to assess business performance and making proposals for changes in working practices to senior management, and playing a major part in the implementation process.
Providing a comprehensive analytical service to all levels of management; identifying trends, highlighting problem areas and recommending solutions to improve business performance.
Reviewing the reporting of all management information and statistical analysis produced to ensure that it meets customer requirements, and recommending changes to ensure insight meets the changing needs of the business.
Keeping up to date with changes to working practices and operational research techniques to ensure the highest standards are maintained in the support of management decision making.
Undertaking ad hoc projects as requested by line management ensuring objectives and time scales are fully met.
What do I need?
- Knowledge of applied operational research methodologies.
- A first class degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related subject; and preferably a post graduate degree in Operational Research
- Knowledge of statistical computing e.g. R, SAS
- Experience in databases and SQL
- Good understanding of computer modelling techniques (machine learning, statistical modelling, experiment design, optimisation).
- Good knowledge of computer programming skills (C, Java, VB, Python)
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work using your own initiative to tight time scales
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to engage with management.
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, ‘results orientated’ approach.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skill and the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across multiple departments. You will also require excellent communication skills; specifically the ability to translate complex data and concepts into easy to understand formats.