Commercial Manager Partnerships and Xsell
Road Operations, Road
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Location: London Office or Basingstoke Office.
Salary: up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
As the Commercial Manager you will deliver New Business sales targets for the Consumer Roadside P&L through management of our affinity partners, and further optimisation of our cross sell channels. You will own and develop the Invite a Friend referral scheme, and support the Senior Commercial Manager with the development of new channel opportunities.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the Senior Commercial manager to deliver and exceed the sales volume and revenue budget targets for the Cross Sell channels, within agreed marketing and CPA budgets
- Owning the development of the “Invite a Friend” referral scheme, embedding in all customer journeys & touchpoints, and supporting with appropriate marketing campaigns
- Owning relationships with the existing Affinity and Third Party partners and identify and implement opportunities to grow these channels, supporting the Senior Commercial Manager
- Identifying and developing New Channel opportunities to increase sales volumes (e.g. Patrols, Friends & Family, New Partnerships)
- Understanding the performance of each channel and identify future improvements
- Developing strong relationships with the other new business channel owners to enable the identification and execution of cross-channel opportunities including digital
- Working with the Call Centre teams, to develop the strategy and plans to maximise the conversion of demand into sales
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A highly analytical & performance focused commercial manager
- An innovative thinker, who is constantly looking for new routes to market & opportunities to optimise existing activity to drive increased value
- Proven track record of operational delivery, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure launch of new channels & partnerships on time
- Experience of partnerships within a retail or consumer services business
- Experience of managing relationships with third party suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree educated, ideally in a science or maths based subject
- An ability to effectively plan and prioritise work, with the drive & confidence to work undirected
- Energetic, passionate, & driven to exceed results by constantly challenging the status quo & seeking out new approaches
- An excellent team player, with a positive attitude & great attention to detail
- Demonstrable appetite to broaden your knowledge and develop your skills