Business Assurance Analyst
Road Operations, Back Office
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Reporting to the Head of Operational Assurance be responsible for delivering an effective First Line Assurance Risk Based Monitoring Programme that fits within the strategic objectives of the organisation and the Operational Assurance function.
The role will be to monitor and provide adherence assurance against the rules and principles set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for the Insurance Broker, Roadside Services and Innovation business units. This is to provide First Line Assurance that the business is aware of its regulatory requirements and to protect the organisation against adverse publicity and disciplinary procedures.
What will I be doing?
- Contribute to the delivery of the First Line Assurance Monitoring Programme by undertaking high-quality, regulatory monitoring reviews.
- Delivery of monitoring activities covering processes, policy, people, systems, conduct and practices. Producing written reports that highlight findings and potential weaknesses, prescribe appropriate corrective action plans with agreed service level agreements with the business.
- Conducting close out meetings with management at all levels to agree reports and associated actions then to track all actions to satisfactory evidenced closure.
- Support ad hoc investigations, reactive regulatory reviews, projects and any corrective / redress activity as appropriate.
- Support the ongoing adherence and compliance to a robust Senior Management Certification Regime (SMCR) across the AA.
- Work closely with other First Line Assurance functions to support monitoring activity, projects.
- Work closely with 2nd Line and 3rd Line assurance functions helping to provide a robust assurance framework across the AA.
- Assist in the embedding, through the assurance framework, the agreed values and culture of the AA, including putting members’ and customers’ interests at the heart of the business.
- Take responsibility for own personal development, including but not limited to, keeping up to date with all changes to the relevant sections of the FCA Handbook and GDPR regulations
- Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
- Health and safety requirements: Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge of FCA Handbook including but not limited to ICOBs, T&C, APER, SYSC, CONC, DISP
- Knowledge of good risk management principles, GDPR regulation
- First Line Assurance operational or compliance monitoring/ auditing experience
- Able to communicate across all business functions at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to interpret complex technical information
- Experience of the financial services industry in the UK desirable
- Good planning and organisational skills, with evidence of managing multiple streams of work at any one time
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Able to be pragmatic and deliver commercial and compliant solutions
Education and Qualifications:
- To degree or equivalent level, Or
- Demonstrable relevant experience
- Quick learner with a positive can-do attitude
- A good team player but able to work independently, methodically and under own initiative
- Good report writing and IT skills (including Microsoft Office and excel)
- Credible communicator at all levels with an honest and open approach
- Customer focused
- Ability to see big picture