Senior Trade Up Marketing Manager - MAT Cover
Road Operations, Road
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £55,000 (depending on experience)
12 MONTH MAT COVER.
This is the job
As the Senior Trade Up Marketing Manager you are responsible for delivering Trade-up sales & value targets through execution of targeted Direct Response campaigns, including direct mail, email, outbound & SMS. You are responsible for working with the call centre & digital teams to share strategy & plans to maximise response to sale conversion.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering and exceeding the volume and GCP targets for trade-up (MTA) activity within the Roadside customer base, within agreed marketing budget
- Developing and owning the multi-channel (direct mail, outbound, email) trade-up communications programme, adopting a test and learn approach, including ownership of the campaign plans for all products, channels and customer segments
- Developing and delivering a constant pipeline of tests within existing marketing channels – to maximise the efficiency of the marketing budget – balancing cost/trade up against 3Y value of the trade up
- Comprehensive analysis of all campaigns – reviewing the drivers of performance and identifying opportunities for improvement, down to individual customer level
- Optimising the pricing structure for the trade up portfolio to support delivery of profitable campaigns against cost / trade up and 3Y value targets
- Briefing external BTL agencies and work closely with CRM operations team ensuring accurate, comprehensive and clearly targeted briefs
- Working with stakeholders across the business to deliver digital trade up functionality
- Ensuring the successful operational execution of campaigns, identifying opportunities for process improvements and ensuring the rapid resolution of any issues as they arise
- Working with the Contact Centre teams, to develop the strategy and plans to maximise the conversion of call demand into trade-ups
- Ensuring all key risks are identified, mitigated and monitored, and that any incidents against the risk register are reported through the relevant processes
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- An analytical and commercially astute marketing professional
- Strong track record of delivering commercial results in either an acquisition or base management role
- Proven track record of operational delivery, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of campaigns on time and within budget
- Experience of multi-channel (DM/EM/TM) direct response marketing within a consumer services or retail business
- Excellent influencing and communication skills to manage stakeholders across a range of business areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree educated – highly numerate
- Energetic & driven to exceed results by constantly challenging the status quo & seeking out new approaches
- Strong influencer with other teams / achieving results through others, and delivery through third parties (e.g. P&Ls, MSAS, Retention team, CRM Operations etc.)
- An excellent team player, with a positive attitude & great attention to detail
- An ability to effectively plan and prioritise work, with the drive & confidence to work undirected