Associate Implementation Lead
Head Office, IT
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
Reporting to a Delivery Lead, you will deliver multiple Projects and change requests across the AA businesses. You will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate level of governance is applied to both small and medium projects and that these are completed within defined timescales, cost and quality criteria.
This role will require stakeholder engagement, communication skills, and the ability to engage with project and IT stakeholders to ensure the best solution is identified for the project requirements.
What will I be doing?
- Scoping, planning and delivering IT projects using a structured method and approach to planning, requirements gathering, risk and issue management, change management and resource management.
- Ensuring successful delivery through securing stakeholder buy-in, influencing and persuading resources to commit to delivery and removing barriers to delivery.
- Assessing, controlling and managing the risks to the project, prepare mitigation and contingency plans and have responsibility for project administration, record keeping and status reporting.
- Seeking and obtaining financial and deliverable approvals from the business.
- Accountability for the timely creation and quality of all associated project documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Managing project resources and workload priorities
- Building close working relationships with key internal users, senior managers and external suppliers.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Project Management experience or exposure
- Knowledge of the project lifecycle and governance standards
- Well organised, self-starter and comfortable working in a fast, dynamic environment.
- Ability to bridge the knowledge gap between business and technical SMEs.
- Experience of communicating with external suppliers and managing engagement dependencies.
- Be confident in identifying key points/issues requiring immediate address.
- Ability to focus on quality, ensuring deliverables are accurate, qualitative and fit for purpose.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and task coordination skills
- Ideally some experience of delivering a range of small to medium IT projects supported by full project documentation which is scoped and updated throughout the project lifecycle.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree educated (2:1 or above)
- STEM subject may be advantageous
- Project Management qualifications ideal but not essential
- High quality thinking, able to work independently, reliable.
- Quick learner, ability to understand and simplify highly complex scenarios.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Comfortable liaising with senior management on a daily basis.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence peers.
- Delivery focused with high energy and drive.
- Comfortable operating against a backdrop of continual change.